• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

With Fosun to get us from mid table championship to Europe in the space of 3 years was fantastic but as most things the whole thing is broken now. You can say be careful what you wish for although that’s no reason for staying with the status quo.

With Fosun to get us from mid table championship to Europe in the space of 3 years was fantastic but as most things the whole thing is broken now. You can say be careful what you wish for although that’s no reason for staying with the status quo.
So what's the alternative? All very well saying we could or should be doing better but what are the options?

On the Hwang chance, their defender got a touch on it that took it slightly away from him. Possibly still could have scored, but it was a good bit of defending by Clyne.
Looked like Clyne didn’t actually touch it.

I've only seen it live, but I don't know why he tried to kick it with his right foot, uses his left and he passes it into the goal

I wish there were a queue of potential buyers/investors.
Doesn't appear to be the case.
With respect, if you're not a billionaire/ involved in financing anything over £100m then I doubt you will know.

For the same reason hardly anybody will know these folks and probably nobody on a forum.

I've only seen it live, but I don't know why he tried to kick it with his right foot, uses his left and he passes it into the goal
You have seen Hwang and observed his technique before? Your answer to this question might be somewhere in those observations.

No he did it right, Ball was heading to his foot, All he had to do was tap it into an open goal, then Clyne just knocked the ball

New ownership as I’ve stated, yes Fosun in their first 3-4 years got us to to 7th in the PL but we’re now in reverse.
I think this has to be the case unless Guo has some sort of epiphany and decides a new investor can come in and install their own staff and take operational control.

Which means a complete change of direction.

I think this has to be the case unless Guo has some sort of epiphany and decides a new investor can come in and install their own staff and take operational control.

Which means a complete change of direction.
Man Utd stylee?

I don't think Guo would be majorly against that. He seems to be at odds with his fanboi grip and Chinese Government dictating on what they should do.
I do think his e-sports move is to keep the people at home onside and its association with us is what is keeping them from asking Guo to pop home for a few private weeks.

Regardless of anything though he needs to bin the worst part of Fosun's ownership as a start, so pop off Jeff.

Man Utd stylee?

I don't think Guo would be majorly against that. He seems to be at odds with his fanboi grip and Chinese Government dictating on what they should do.
I do think his e-sports move is to keep the people at home onside and its association with us is what is keeping them from asking Guo to pop home for a few private weeks.

Regardless of anything though he needs to bin the worst part of Fosun's ownership as a start, so pop off Jeff.
Guo might want that but why on earth would any investor want a minority share in a poorly run premier league club?

Guo might want that but why on earth would any investor want a minority share in a poorly run premier league club?
Been a few clubs where someone has come in with a minority share with a view to purchase more moving forward.

Not sure many have been like the Man Utd set up though. We have been told Fosun have been looking for investment for 2 or 3 years now, maybe they are trying for that and that's why no one is interested. Plus side, the likes of 777 are also not interested.

If they can install their own staff then I think a new investor would want that which is what Kenny is suggesting.

A structured deal where a complete buyout is possible would also be appealing to an investor.

They don't even need to have ridiculously deep pockets, just run the club properly.

From what's been said previously, they want an investor's money without offering any empowerment, for a business they continually tell us loses money. Surprisingly nobody is interested on those terms.

Back