• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Burnley: Verdict Thread

I thought we actually looked pretty comfortable in the second half. Some tired legs in the final third. All of the front three looked pretty leggy by around the hour mark. But we looked alright and I never expected us to blow Burnley away. Perhaps I have lower expectations than usual this season.

WH's well intended updates are I'm sure appreciated by some people who use this forum.

If you're not one of you that's fine. Just scroll past them. But if you can't say anything nice, then say nothing. The digs at him are totally unnecessary.
I’m sorry that’s nonsense. Absolutely nobody needs a ten minutes late text feed from sky or the bbc that they could see themselves when that site posted it if they wished. It adds zero. Nada. Fuck all. Nothing. And to compound that it clogs the match thread and makes it impossible to read

I raised the cut and paste quite a while ago and at the time seemed a lone voice. I found a simple solution - put WH on ignore for the duration of the thread.

I’m sorry that’s nonsense. Absolutely nobody needs a ten minutes late text feed from sky or the bbc that they could see themselves when that site posted it if they wished. It adds zero. Nada. Fuck all. Nothing. And to compound that it clogs the match thread and makes it impossible to read
It's not nonsense. If you don't like it, scroll past it. It's really very simple.

Just employ a little bit of self moderation. Easy peasy.

Didn't go to the game as had tickets for Clinton Baptiste, luckily as a Wolves fan he was getting score updates from Jack Hayward so kept us updated 😃

Wolves have got two sets of highlights out already. Very quick of them.

The "extended" highlights are only 2 mins though.... 🙄

It shouldn’t be necessary. All it needs is one poster who doesn’t then quoting the ignored content and the whole thread makes even less sense than usual

One of those games, we won, it was a shit game. Take the 3 points and be happy I’ll guarantee we’ll go to bed feeling a lot better than Luton fans will tonight.
Give me substance over style any day especially in the PL.

Wolves have got two sets of highlights out already. Very quick of them.

The "extended" highlights are only 2 mins though.... 🙄

Seems about 100 seconds too long TBH.

Back to the game, a slow start with Burnley pressing hard and making life difficult, but the decision by Bentley, following direction from GO, to kick instantly created an opening and we never looked back after that. Plenty of steady but unspectacular performances with the back three solid on the ground and imperious in the air - not something that ever happened against the old Dyche Burnley.

I thought Sarabia grew into the game and he certainly showed he can pick a pass on a couple of occasions. Semedo was excellent and Bueno improved after a slow start. Cunha and Hwang looked tired but it didn't stop the latter producing a very composed finish. Special mention for Bentley as his double save was critical in getting the three points - if we'd gone behind then the outcome could easily have been very different.

It shouldn’t be necessary. All it needs is one poster who doesn’t then quoting the ignored content and the whole thread makes even less sense than usual
It means you have to scroll past a lot less though. Not perfect but works for me.

Back