• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Probably not worth getting too bent out of shape over the linked names. I think most/all of our signings have generally come out of the blue for a little while now.

We're definitely signing Che Adams though ;)

Probably not worth getting too bent out of shape over the linked names. I think most/all of our signings have generally come out of the blue for a little while now.

We're definitely signing Che Adams though ;)
Yep, and the club probably haven't even thought about signings yet - the season is still underway after all. :ROFLMAO:

Which signings came out of the blue? Nearly all of them that I can think of were linked at least a number of weeks before they signed. Seems pretty rare now in the social media age that signings fly under the radar and come out of the blue.

I'd literally never heard of Bellegarde until one day before we signed him tbf (as Ligue Un is shite and I don't watch it).

Santi as well tbf. I'd actually seen him play for Girona away at Bilbao the season before but I'd still never heard of him.

Suppose it depends what you class as out of the blue. I'd never heard of those two either but they were linked in the week(s) before they actually signed

None of those were leaked as we didn't expect to be signing anyone until that week.

Had they?

I was on holiday for deadline day, before I left I honestly do not remember either being mentioned anywhere.

Yuri Alberto (had it happened) was out of nowhere too.

We rarely seem to sign the ones we get linked with over multiple windows I think. Just Guedes IIRC?

We rarely seem to sign the ones we get linked with over multiple windows I think. Just Guedes IIRC?
Dawson would have come here a window earlier if West Ham had been able to sign another CH

Boly was linked here a year before he arrived, amazingly he wasn't that keen on working under Crazy Walt and his Jason Donovan jeans

If they can’t find a buyer for say £170m what’s to stop Fosun selling all our saleable players - Neto, RAN, Hwang, Cunha, Kilman, Gomes etc

How many clubs can afford what we consider a fair price for these guys? Presume we'd want pretty high fees for Neto, RAN, Cunha and Gomes.

There's tons of clubs I'm sure the players would be happy to go to, but not many of them will be splashing 50m on players. Certainly not outside of England. The game's so lopsided right now.

How many clubs can afford what we consider a fair price for these guys? Presume we'd want pretty high fees for Neto, RAN, Cunha and Gomes.

There's tons of clubs I'm sure the players would be happy to go to, but not many of them will be splashing 50m on players. Certainly not outside of England. The game's so lopsided right now.
In Wilf's scenario, which I don't agree with fwiw, it doesn't matter as it's a fire sale. Neto is all paid off so £30m is £30m straight to the bank

Only RAN, Neto and Cunha would fetch close to £50m.

They were both linked in the week before they signed, in these cases it was only a few days prior because of the scramble after the Nunes sale and the deadline being days away but we still knew they were in the works before they happened.

Dawson would have come here a window earlier if West Ham had been able to sign another CH

Boly was linked here a year before he arrived, amazingly he wasn't that keen on working under Crazy Walt and his Jason Donovan jeans
Enough of the data already. After the last week or two I’m more than happy with the conclusion we never sign anyone we’ve been linked with in advance.

Come, come, bolt from the blue.

Back