• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 24/2: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
-----------------------Sa-------------------

Semedo-------Dawson------Collins----Bueno

---------------------Lemina-----------------

--------------Gomes-------Neves--------------

---------Adama------Costa------Cunha----------

Got to try something a bit different to Cunha through the middle on his own, there are a fair few potential options but I'll have a punt on this one.

Hopefully they get a bit spooked by suddenly being three points off a CL spot and freeze.

People weirdly always think we have a bad record at Fulham, we absolutely do not...

2022/23: D 0-0 (H)
2020/21: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2018/19: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2017/18: W 2-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2016/17: D 4-4 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2015/16: W 3-2 (H), W 3-0 (A)
2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/4: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, LC), W 1-0 (H, LC)
1995/6: W 5-1 (A, LC), W 2-0 (H, LC)

Depending on Hwang's fitness I'd play him instead of Traore. And maybe Jimenez instead of Costa.

Leave Traore/Costa as impact subs.

Hwang won't be anywhere near, it's going to be Spurs or Newcastle at earliest for him.

Ah ok I'd not seen anything about his injury.

Jimenez needs to play though. He's at least scored a few goals recently, but he needs to be told to stay in the middle and not to drift too deep or wide.

I think Costa has displayed decent-to-good holdup play in his cameos under JL so I'd give him the start.

I think Costa has displayed decent-to-good holdup play in his cameos under JL so I'd give him the start.
He's put himself about and disrupted defenders but he's never looked like scoring.

Can’t see us getting anything out of this, Fulham’s defence has been great since the WC and we’re still toothless as hell

Costa has had three chances he should have scored from for me. Palace away where he went back on his right when he should have buried it with his left. West Ham away should have buried that free header. And the one last week at Southampton when Adama got the assist off Bednerak.

Not sure about the Southampton one. The defender was right in front of him and blocked the shot.

Jiminez has scored 3 goals this season, and rarely plays as an out and out striker.

Which one of Costa or Jimenez we start is a relatively pointless debate. They are both way below the level needed, it's a coin toss, but Costa and Cunha have a relationship so I guess you gamble on that

Semedo - Collins - Dawson - RAN
Lamina
Nunes - Neves
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto

If Neto plays for the U21s tomorrow then we know he's not starting on Friday. I don't see him playing ahead of Podence anyway

Which one of Costa or Jimenez we start is a relatively pointless debate. They are both way below the level needed, it's a coin toss, but Costa and Cunha have a relationship so I guess you gamble on that
Yeah, neither of them have scored any goals

Yeah, neither of them have scored any goals
If you are parading goals in the League Cup, two of which were against lower league teams and one of those a penalty, then good on you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back