• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) 27/12/23 Matchday and Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFCON - Jan 13th
Asian Cup - Jan 12th

Hwang and RAN will both leave for international duty on 1st Jan (FIFA rules).

Last edited:
On the team, we only have two games left of Hwang before he goes away so I'd be very surprised if he didn't start both.
Can Hwang get booked against Everton and then serve his one match ban whilst he's away. ?

Looking like a miserable trip to London today and that’s before we’ve even set off 🌧️

Looking like a miserable trip to London today and that’s before we’ve even set off 🌧️
Already down there, it’s wet, windy and cold. Shite weather.

Nice work Amazon. I don't think Mr 31% Pass Completion Rate will be in the team tonight somehow.

GCTTiQdWYAA-N7t

Nice work Amazon. I don't think Mr 31% Pass Completion Rate will be in the team tonight somehow.

GCTTiQdWYAA-N7t
I thought I saw it was Nunes last night when they were advertising the game in the corner of the screen.

Reached for Cunha and grabbed Nunes instead I guess.

Hilarious how little he's played for Pep. Wonder what he's thinking now.

Doubt it bothers him. More importantly we don't miss him in the slightest. There hasn't been one game since September where I've thought "I wish we'd had Nunes today, he'd have made a huge difference".

Doubt it bothers him. More importantly we don't miss him in the slightest. There hasn't been one game since September where I've thought "I wish we'd had Nunes today, he'd have made a huge difference".
Quite. A total waste of space.

On the team, we only have two games left of Hwang before he goes away so I'd be very surprised if he didn't start both.
I'm going to be quite honest here... I'm glad he is leaving as hopefully that offers an opportunity for someone else to grab a place. Hwang has scored a few goals but his overall contribution to the game is pretty minimal. I wish we'd sold him to Leeds a year or so ago.
I know he looks like he's working hard but he simply isn't good enough in my book. His control is pretty abysmal most of the time and his passing pretty poor. The only redeeming factor is that he pops up in the right place some of the time. I sincerely hope his new contract has been given to protect his transfer value and that it is realised in the Summer. We need better. Tin Hat on.

I'm going to be quite honest here... I'm glad he is leaving as hopefully that offers an opportunity for someone else to grab a place. Hwang has scored a few goals but his overall contribution to the game is pretty minimal. I wish we'd sold him to Leeds a year or so ago.
I know he looks like he's working hard but he simply isn't good enough in my book. His control is pretty abysmal most of the time and his passing pretty poor. The only redeeming factor is that he pops up in the right place some of the time. I sincerely hope his new contract has been given to protect his transfer value and that it is realised in the Summer. We need better. Tin Hat on.
When played in the right position (wide left as an inside forward) he's very effective.

I have no idea why GoN plays him through the middle he just can't play there.

I mean, I get what you say regarding his general footballing quality, but tbf, hard work isn't to be sniffed at in a squad and finding space with the ability to finish is quite important, I'd like GON to go back to setting the team up to get back to those qualities.

At least we have a bench which has a couple of potential game changers. Neto and Bellegarde could be useful.

Collins starts at RCB for them.

Deutsch will be delighted, he loves him some Hodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back