• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

We went back up to the Championship 9 years ago today.

Love the setup the BBC reckoned we played with. Kenny Cruyff in charge, anyone can fit anywhere.

2diBQvD.png

I have actually seen us start Stearman at LB in a Premier League game. Was as brilliant as it sounds.

336553027_6025920584160091_1274078589117027584_n.jpg

27th May 1992
That's funny.... it doesn't look anywhere near as big as it actually was in this angle. An aerial view shows it as almost half as big as the whole pitch. You don't get that on this photo. But then that was before they planted cabbages on it.

The Enclosure, where I cut my teeth before 'graduating' to the North Bonk.

Have terrific memories of both my lads first games, remember them much better than my first match (tbf there's 30+ years between them)
At least half my enjoyment of going to games is spending the time with my boys.

The Enclosure, where I cut my teeth before 'graduating' to the North Bonk.
I was Molineux Street Stand early/mid 70’s, enclosure late 70s/early 80s, North Bank mid 80s, South Bank late 80s until BW built and then moved back to NB when the latest stand was rebuilt.
Season Ticket since the early 80s. I don’t recall my Dad ever discussing one with me so had/bought my own from about 14 onwards.

View attachment 7205

9 years ago this week. My lads’ first game, tried to tell them it wouldn’t always be this good but the start of their wolves supporting life has been ever so slightly better than mine.
My eldest’s first game as well. I remember telling her the same thing. The Carlisle game didn’t help.
My youngest had the Crusaders game as her first.

Back