• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will Leicester City win the premier league?

Will Leicester City win the Premier League?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters
If West Ham beat Arsenal in the early Saturday game (which I think they will) that is the Gooners done and means Man United really need a result on the Sunday against Spurs. Combine that with a Leicester result at Sunderland and you can see it getting very close to mathematically over even by Sunday night.

I don't see why they should be doubted now about handling the pressure. They've just won four on the spin 1-0 after being named favourites for the league. It's already done and dusted.

To be fair, they've been pretty lucky in those games, but for me, they are now over the line. Well, nearly.

Their final six fixtures are - Sunderland (A), West Ham (H), Swansea (H), Man Utd (A), Everton (H), Chelsea (A).

I'd say three wins and the title is theirs.

Three wins will mean Spurs would need 5 wins and a draw to edge them out on GD. Would be hell of an achievement to take 16pts from the last 18.

Can't see now how they could fail to win the league.

And massive kudos to them for doing so.
I'm also struggling to see Spurs finish lower than 2nd at the moment.

This just popped up on my linkedin feed - can believe its correct....?

Wa2dVhH.png

Can't believe City would ever have been that long to win the League Cup.

The grainy resolution would suggest that's been doctored, or even completely faked.

The 5000/1 odds for Leicester do ring a bell, though.

Can see Leicester buckling under the pressure now.

The grainy-ness is just the way i snipped the image. Think its a load of crap anyway, plus if it is true you'd have cashed out!

The timing of it all wouldn't make any sense - if you were putting bets on this season's football then the earliest you could have been doing so is in late May/early June, by which point Lewis had won three of the opening six races (which subsequently became four out of seven on 7 June) of the F1 season and therefore would be nowhere near 11/10 to win the title. Even leaving aside the fact that as I say, City wouldn't be that far out at any stage. 5,000/1 for Leicester to win the league was the correct price pre-season.

Almost there. Leicester is now the role model for Wolves and many other clubs of a certain size. Well done on beating the cash laden fat cats with their over paid madonnas.

Almost everyone, including myself, thought the pressure would get to Leicester City, but just the opposite has happened. They have been quite amazing.

Have a feeling it'll be settled up next Monday night without Leicester playing a game which will be a bit anti climatic.

Yes they will....(Finally time to jump down off the fence) :whistle:

I didn't want to "Frank" them and it's surely too late for that now.

Yes they will....(Finally time to jump down off the fence) :whistle:

I didn't want to "Frank" them and it's surely too late for that now.
The first time I've moved from they could/might/I'd love them to, to "good god they are going to do it!"

I think I've said before I've disliked Leicester since the Walsh/Bully days, but it would be such a wonderful story and rejuvenate what it is possible to achieve in the PL that is is impossible to not will them on.

Once they got to the half way point still top, I didn't see any reason they couldn't win it.
But does anyone now think they won't win it?

Ladbrokes are going to offer him something to 'soften the blow' too. They deserve nothing for being such an utter tool.

Probably a free £5 bet on Leicester for next season in the Champions League...

Back