• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ruben Vinagre

Good call on the buy option then. Bonus. I can see him becoming permanent.

Vinagre has an utterly outstanding crossing ability, particularly from corners & free kicks. Brilliant ball distribution.

Nah, send him back to Monaco.

Something is going to go wrong Parkin, don't worry - they'll all be primadonnas or something. Or fall violently ill.

Good call on the buy option then. Bonus. I can see him becoming permanent.

If he's this highly rated he wont be cheap. Might be a similar situation to Boly, we'll activate the clause if we get promoted.

Vinagre has an utterly outstanding crossing ability, particularly from corners & free kicks. Brilliant ball distribution.

d9c40016343d724af4ad7effae18742b.jpg

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Wouldn't they just encourage Wolves to buy him outright rather than loan if that's the case?

A longer contract gives the selling club more negotiating power and I assume his age means that if a fee can't be agreed it would go to a tribunal who would take into account the length of contract.

The player himself may not want to commit to the club until we are playing in the Premier League and so a years loan gives him the chance to play for us, get a feel for the club but still go back to Monaco if we fail

I believe we will be signing this guy to compliment him

sbu6x4.jpg

If he's this highly rated he wont be cheap. Might be a similar situation to Boly, we'll activate the clause if we get promoted.

Agreed. I think Fosun are gearing up with next season in mind already, it puts a lot of pressure on Nuno of course but with a couple of strikers and (wishful thinking) another high calibre CM this squad should really be challenging for top two, if not the title. Getting players of this quality on board early on is really smart business if we do make it, hats off to them. The next signing or two will be critical to how our season pans out I reckon.

Tim reporting that while we have option to buy him Monaco also have the option to recall him in January. Is that always the case with season long loans?

Domestic loans, yes (we almost certainly can recall Dom in January). International loans, no.

Not to say they can't but it would be unusual.

Could be just a translation issue. 'This loan has a call option' which I guess could mean a buy option?

The way people are talking about him makes it sound like he'll be the starter.

The way people are talking about him makes it sound like he'll be the starter.

Not to start with - sounds like they'll ease him in and play him in the U23s first rather than throw him straight into the Championship.

Back