• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Leo Bonatini

Watched his goals on YouTube and he looks a natural. reminds me of Bully.

Good to get a striker in, I still think there will be another. From his highlights he looks like he can finish but I think it might take some time to get back up to speed after playing pub football for a while, that said I think he will go straight in on Saturday given the lack of options and lack of interest from Mason.

I think it will be Jota - Bonatini - Bright, which looks decent enough and then Cav replacing Bright for the next game, which looks strong. I really hope Bright can find that last little bit in his game, its all there in terms of ability just the end product missing.

Cav is missing two games I think.

From what I can tell, Al-Hilal supporters think he's shit. Can't discern any particular reason why, though.

From what sense I could make of it some seemed to think he was decent enough, others weren't such a fan but couldn't really put much substance behind it other than thinking he wasn't so good as to warrant using up one of their foreign player allocation.

In 2012 he was the Brazilian wonderkid and Man City (under Mancini) and Juve were supposedly fighting for his signature. I posted a link to a Metro article, probably on the Sumemr Transfers thread. Strikes me he's made a few wrong choices in his career but he is still only 23 and could be a real bargain

i think he will be ok, maybe a bit more

From what sense I could make of it some seemed to think he was decent enough, others weren't such a fan but couldn't really put much substance behind it other than thinking he wasn't so good as to warrant using up one of their foreign player allocation.

It's a weird one. Maybe he made an ill-advised comment in an interview once? Something got lost in translation?

Unless someone here is fluent in Arabic I don't think we'll be able to say for sure. His record at Hilal was more than serviceable.

I'm not sure we should really be paying attention to anything Al Hilal fans say tbh.

It's not like we're asking the opinions of a respected fan group like SLB or Porto.

Not really.

He's wasted a year of his development playing football in a desert as a favour for a Saudi Arabian Prince, how he actually performed out there is largely irrelevant.

Sounds harsh to me...

I'm not sure we should really be paying attention to anything Al Hilal fans say tbh.

It's not like we're asking the opinions of a respected fan group like SLB or Porto.

I'm with Alan on this one, just because their local league is considered shit that doesn't mean none of the fans know what they're talking about.

Not really.

He's wasted a year of his development playing football in a desert as a favour for a Saudi Arabian Prince, how he actually performed out there is largely irrelevant.

This one I've got a bit more time for, though if he's looked shit in a poor league it doesn't really bode well, I'd be more worried by that than I would be encouraged by a good performance against weak opponents.

I'm with Alan on this one, just because their local league is considered $#@! that doesn't mean none of the fans know what they're talking about.

Yeah, my local league is MLS and I know...

Wait, bad example.

Back