• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford Build Up

Hope we go back to the formation that suits the players we have i.e. 4-2-3-1. Kuszac, Iorfa, Golbourne, Batth, Stearman, Price, Henry, Edwards, Sako, Afobe, with VLP and Dicko to come on as impact subs if required. Our midfield is weak overall but think this is the best we have. If we play 4-4-2 we will concede, probably more than 1 and our front players won't see the ball. Until we get a decent support for MacDonald in cm we have to play this formation with this team.
I know most think Edwards is a waste of space but imo think gives protection to our cm when playing a bit further forward.

I said, earlier this week, that I'd be happy with two points from the Bournemouth and Watford games. Well, now it must be three, if we are to retain any chance of making the play-offs. Sure, we can do it. I still think that we are too inconsistent and our strikers are too prone to having 'off-days'. I expect we'll just about shade this one. We're nowhere near good enough to survive in the First Division, though.

Are you always this pessimistic?

Well, obviously I would call it realistic as opposed to pessimistic. I suppose we will have a better understanding of which word best describes the situation at 5pm on Saturday though.

BTW..... are you an ex referee by any chance?

If we do go 442, Price, Golbourne, Iorfa all have to come in and I wouldn't mind Henry coming back into the side.

it disappoints me a little bit that we seem to have ditched the clear style of play we came up with. We've stopped playing out from the back too. I know it isn't possible all the time but I do think it is more sustainable and if we were to get promoted it would help us having a way of playing that the players know inside out, and is effective at that level. Right now, I'm not sure everyone knows their role and we are getting by on the individual quality we have in the team.

Agree.
If we select our best players within our best system then get beat then fair enough, but I dont see that happening at the moment.

I want a clean sheet again. A nice dull clean sheet. That way we get a point for starters. I think we will get that and get a 1-0 WIN -So given my crap predicting prowess it will probably be 5-4!

Going for a curry after the game. Combined with a very important meeting with some fine ales in the Western before the match, I'm rather looking forward to this.

Don't expect Edwards to be dropped after reading KJ's comments in the E&S article about not recalling Saville unless we need him in the 11.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...5/wolves-wont-recall-george-saville-just-yet/

(that said with Jacketts record of what he says in the Press Conference versus what he actually does I now expect Saville to be recalled and start on Saturday and Edwards transfer listed....)

Tommy K

BATTH

MCDONALD

VLP HENRY JACOBS SAKO

DOYLE AFOBE DICKO KEITO

Fooking ATTAAAAAAAACK

I can't believe no one else has given this post the credit it deserves.

Maybe I should have included a Midfield general.....

Hopefully Paredes plays as he's $#@!ing woeful.

What's happened to him? Earlier in the season we had Championship Best XI thread and Paredes was pretty much everyone's choice at RB.

Maybe I should have included a Midfield general.....

Made me laugh, anyway. Got a couple raised eyebrows in my direction in the office.

“There’s a strong connection since I’ve been here between good results and Edwards playing"

There's an even better one when Price plays. Pick him as he can actually play there.

That's really, really odd stuff for a manger to be coming out with.

It's ridiculous. We won nine in a row last season with Edwards starting one of them I think.

"Also if I don't play Dave he's told me he'll tell the papers that I like to hit the bars with Adam Johnson"

The E&S article that Kenny posted.

I'm not generally in the business of making up quotes.

The E&S article that Kenny posted.

I'm not generally in the business of making up quotes.

I never thought you were. Didn't notice the link above hence my asking you were you got it from. It does make Edwards out to be somewhat talismanic.

Hopefully Paredes plays as he's $#@!ing woeful. Ighalo, Vydra and Deeney is a fearsome trio of attackers, so we'll have to be strong at the back.

Edwards has to play as the #10 or not at all. Seven years on and he still gets shoehorned into positions he can't function in.

Paredes is unlikely to play, Marco Motta signed from Juventus a week ago and played against Fulham on Tuesday, possible team I think will be Gomes, Cathcart, Angella, Ekstrand, Motta, Watson, Guedioura, Abdi, Pudil, Deeney, Ighalo,

Subs Bond, Anya, Hoban, Layun, Toszer Vydra

Back