• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

2 sets up now and he should now put Robredo away

Big shout to Tommy Haas winning his game - a Hamburg legend! He's been playing better over the last 2-3 years than he was at what should have been his peak.

Big shout to Tommy Haas winning his game - a Hamburg legend! He's been playing better over the last 2-3 years than he was at what should have been his peak.

That shoulder injury absolutely killed his career, quality player at his best.

Well that was fairly straight forward for Murray. 3 set win and not really troubled

When I mentioned djokovic, nadal and federer I left out murray. He has clearly raised his game in the last years and is quick has good returns and he deserves to be in the top

Robson breaks back in the second set, 5-5.

Robson holds and then breaks again to level the match at 1 set all.

She breaks again in the second game of the third set. 2-0.

0-40 down but Robson holds onto her serve and then breaks again, 8 games in a row and she leads 4-0 in the final set.

Laura takes her second match point to win 6-3 in the 3rd. Not great but she got it done in the end.

Brilliant! Be great if she could get to the quarter finals

It has been many a year since we had a top player in the ladies game. I wonder just how good Laura can become.

The guy's a nutter, plays some incredible shots! Ferrer through eventually.

Re: Robson - she's got all the tools, just needs to be a bit more calculated at times, that will come with experience though. You don't beat the players she has beaten over the last year if you're not a bit special.

Robson breaks, now to serve for the first set.

Doesn't take it, Kanepi breaks back comfortably. 5-5.

First set tiebreak. Robson wins the first point against the serve...

Back