• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Is it fuck. These games are miles better as a spectacle than anything football can provide right now.

FFS - some of those shots were ridiculous.

Murray is playing his shots too low. This wind is too crazy to be playing such delicate shots too close the lines and net

Granted this match has been good but 1 match does not make it the best sport in the world

Every day of the week. No spoilt pansies in this game.

This is insane tennis. That is quite simply amazing.

Granted this match has been good but 1 match does not make it the best sport in the world

Due to the ridiculously high standards in recent years, more often than not these big games are absolute thrillers.

Summed up by that last game. Nothing more Murray could have done - yet he loses the game.

Djokovic has been absolutely outstanding over the last 2 sets.

You evidently don't watch much tennis. Since Wimbledon 2008, virtually every final has been a classic.

Due to the ridiculously high standards in recent years, more often than not these big games are absolute thrillers.

just the big games. I'm not convinced. Granted I don't watch much tennis because I quite find it a little drab at times.

just the big games. I'm not convinced. Granted I don't watch much tennis because I quite find it a little drab at times.

So you're saying it's not the best sport in the world despite not watching much of it?

You should follow it a bit more. The top 4 in the men's game are all stunning players. Two of them at least are the best of all time, a third is on his way to joining 'em, and the fourth is probably the greatest player to have never won a Slam. It is incredible viewing every time they meet. (not to mention their meetings with others from the top ten who aren't too far away really, despite the divide between the top 4 and the rest)

Anyway back on to the tennis.

If Murray dont steal a break he will lose it in the final set unfortunately.

Anyway back on to the tennis.

If Murray dont steal a break he will lose it in the final set unfortunately.

I'm not so sure about that - he's started to creep back into it over the last few games and has shown some moments of pure class.

If it does go to a 5th set, god only knows what will happen. Just a shame that one of them has to lose.

I'm not so sure about that - he's started to creep back into it over the last few games and has shown some moments of pure class.

If it does go to a 5th set, god only knows what will happen. Just a shame that one of them has to lose.

fingers crossed eh Langers

Aw no - that's not a good way to lose a set. :(

Bloody hell - I've got work in the morning!!

Back