• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Weston McKennie is shredding Serie A at the moment so I’ll let that speak for itself.

We shouldn’t even be acknowledging that Pogba exists.

It's such an odd rumour.

Well played to whoever started it

If pogba went to Lourdes and saw the light, i still wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Also, this bollocks pisses me right off

“I have a real clear idea of what we need to do with the playing group, as does Matt, but until we sit down and we start to sort of unravel it all in some real detail and speak to Jeff and the guys that are able to fund it for us then it it’s impossible to know exactly what we’re going to be able to do and not do.”

Like why the fuck can't you talk about it now? Or in March when the season was over? Some sort of rule where you can't have a meeting with your tracksuit on? Or is Hobbs only working when the kids are off school?

Fuck off

Also, this bollocks pisses me right off

Like why the fuck can't you talk about it now? Or in March when the season was over? Some sort of rule where you can't have a meeting with your tracksuit on? Or is Hobbs only working when the kids are off school?

Fuck off
Jeff has to go to China and find out his orders. That's what led to Lopetegui leaving. We aren't run like a functioning football club, it's all on the whims of Guo/the Fosun Board/Chinese Government direction. Until they've decided what they feel like this years strategy is everyone will be in limbo. Look at 2 Summers ago, when we weren't spending much, but then Mendes needed to move a couple of players on.

Jeff leaves the country for a few months with no access to the internet or even a fax machine and returns on 30th August

Jeff has to go to China and find out his orders. That's what led to Lopetegui leaving. We aren't run like a functioning football club, it's all on the whims of Guo/the Fosun Board/Chinese Government direction. Until they've decided what they feel like this years strategy is everyone will be in limbo. Look at 2 Summers ago, when we weren't spending much, but then Mendes needed to move a couple of players on.
This, it makes me angry that the owners of this football club are at the whim of the Chinese government.

If a sale could be forced, like the Russians were, I hope it is very soon. As the sooner we get rid of these the better.

He's AWB without the athleticism. The opposite of a technical baller.

And fairly pointless buying a player who is only right back without buying a centre back.

Thankfully this looks like an agent finding a club for his player.

I think it's going to be a Summer where signings cannot be judged until the end of the window as most links at the moment seem to be squad fillers. Johnson would be fine for depth and pushes Doherty further down the pecking order, but if he were brought in to play and Semedo sold then it'd be an awful move. It looks like he's the only type of signing we'll be making until we've sold a RAN/Neto/Gomes type, just like last Summer before Nunes went.

What a Summer we've got. Friendlies against West Ham and Palace, and welcoming in a bunch of bench dwelling guff from other mid table sides until we finally sell somebody really good. At which point Jeff's phone will be off and we 'won't be held to ransom' on doing deals in the last days of the window. Still, at least there should be some money to throw at it in January for us to give the new manager, scrap out of the relegation places, then start the process all over again.

Rumour on a West Ham fan page that Kilman is a target for them, comical they all think it would be a good signing. Told them I’d personally drive him there for no expenses and they’d have been better of keeping Dawson, fair to say they’re all a bit confused.

Rumour on a West Ham fan page that Kilman is a target for them, comical they all think it would be a good signing. Told them I’d personally drive him there for no expenses and they’d have been better of keeping Dawson, fair to say they’re all a bit confused.
Hopefully Lop will buy a few bits of guff from us.

At least we know he won't be trying to poach RAN 😅

The first few who should be gone is guedes silva and podence there is 3 out the door without the 1st team being affected maybe sasa aswell if they could get 70 to 80 million that would be a MIRACLE !
6:40 PM · May 11, 2024

Podence (£5M)
Guedes (loan fee)
Silva (loan fee)

Nobody is going to buy Sasa so no point even entertaining that one.

If we can convince clubs of their suitability then being very generous we might get €15m for Silva, and €10m each for Guedes and Podence. Sasa will likely be out until 2025.

Back