• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The one we have all been waiting for - Chesterfield away (Checkatrade Trophy)

Wilson looking really bright and has had three shots already...one hacked away following a corner, one to the side netting and another as he slipped easily saved by the keeper

Official attendance 950 with 120 Wolves fans.
We really are giving them a game and Herc equalises with a beauty

Herc scores - all level

Decent performance this given we are down to 10

They score a second off a big deflection

We hit the post following a corner.
You wouldn't know we only had 10 players on the pitch

last minute penalty! Can the youth do once again what the senior team can't?

Nope! Well, if bad things come in threes then that's all behind us right?

Didn't we miss something like 6 out of 7 under Jones or Hoddle?

2-1 defeat in the end but it sounds like a decent performance given the early-ish red card!

Didn't we miss something like 6 out of 7 under Jones or Hoddle?

Jones, during 2004. Went on an absolutely shambolic run. Cameron, Camara, Miller (x2), Cort and Andrews all missed I think. And we lost a shootout at Burnley.

Edit: Newton as well at Forest. I've never been so sure a player would miss when he stepped up.

Hopefully referees will not award us any more penalties this season...!

Jones, during 2004. Went on an absolutely shambolic run. Cameron, Camara, Miller (x2), Cort and Andrews all missed I think. And we lost a shootout at Burnley.

Edit: Newton as well at Forest. I've never been so sure a player would miss when he stepped up.

Double edit on this, Ganea missed at home to Villa too. State of that :icon_lol:

Double edit on this, Ganea missed at home to Villa too. State of that :icon_lol:
I seem to remember Cooper eventually scored and I think maybe Miller got one in the middle of the run, so what was it, missed 8 out of 9?

was down making some toast cantarell sandwiches when i thought i heard Ennis score, only for it to be Dennis for chesterfield..aahwell, wasnt the fa-cup final

I remember that back in the day the likes of Francis Lee and Geoff Hurst used to take a run up that Bob Willis would have been proud of, and hit the ball as hard as they could. Maybe nowadays penalty takers try to be too clever.

Back