• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

New series of Young Offenders is out. Not as good as the other series except for the last episode.

Just watched The Final on Netflix, it's a cracking watch but *fuck* what an absolute bunch of cunts. Thousands upon thousands of absolute thugs.

Shogun has been renewed for another two seasons. No word if it will be a continuation or explore different periods but Hiroyuki Sanada has inked a deal to return as Lord Yoshii Toranaga...

Shogun has been renewed for another two seasons. No word if it will be a continuation or explore different periods but Hiroyuki Sanada has inked a deal to return as Lord Yoshii Toranaga...
I wonder how that will go when there is no source material to work from? I know there will be the history to use, but not the rich character driven story that was the source of the 1st series.

For Slow Horses fans, S4 has finished filming (to be released later this year) and they've bounced straight on to filming S5!!!

I wonder how that will go when there is no source material to work from? I know there will be the history to use, but not the rich character driven story that was the source of the 1st series.
Series co-creators and writers Justin Marks and Rachel Kondo — as well as exec producer Michaela Clavell — are aboard for more scheming, plotting, and prestige drama. The trio, alongside FX, are working with Clavell's estate to develop the upcoming instalments within the world the legendary author established.

Could we see the real-life Battle of Sekigahara — teed up but not seen in the first season — play out on our screens? Will we find out the ultimate fate of Cosmo Jarvis' Anjin, John Blackthorne, whose ship was found destroyed in Episode 10? Might the show adopt an anthology approach even and shift its focus elsewhere within Clavell's Asia Saga?

source - Empire magazine.

If anyone is interested, boys from the blackstuff is on the iplayer, probably due to Bernard Hill dying the other week, the original one off play blackstuff is on there as well in case you missed it first time round, like we all did.

I watch the car shows in bed before my eyelids get heavy, Wheeler Dealers, Bangers and Cash etc.
Currently getting through a load of Car Sos I’ve downloaded, my eldest was a massive fan of PWEI in the early nineties and I have to say Fuzz Townsend knows his cars, his partner though Tim Shaw is a tedious twat.

Fuzz is ex west mids travel bus mechanic, the workshop on the tv was in Aldridge.

Harry’s garage,
Iain Tyrell on YouTube are good as well, plus South Main Auto if you want to watch a mechanic fix rusty American cars on a daily basis, and Mustie1 if you want to see pretty much anything with an engine get bought back from the dead.

I have a vinyl of Pigbros’ The blubberhouses signed by Fuzz :)
Didn’t he say he once put his knob in a pint of beer then drunk by boris Johnson?

If anyone is interested, boys from the blackstuff is on the iplayer, probably due to Bernard Hill dying the other week, the original one off play blackstuff is on there as well in case you missed it first time round, like we all did.
Thanks for the heads up on this. I watched first time and revisited them over the last couple of days. Powerful TV and brilliant scripting and acting. 40 years on and sadly, nothing's improved...

Last edited:
Back