• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

They were only ever minority shareholders. Started with 10% and down to 5-6% of late. They were just a lot more public facing than the people who actually own the club.

It’s either “two hundred million quid” or “£200m”. “£200million quid” has boiled my piss way more than it should.

Pedantry aside, this is just another factor in me giving up on football, it really is no fun anymore and I’ve just got zero interest. If it’s true of course.

Just make intra-group transactions outside the financial calculations for these purposes. Stops it stone dead in a second.

It’s either “two hundred million quid” or “£200m”. “£200million quid” has boiled my piss way more than it should.

Pedantry aside, this is just another factor in me giving up on football, it really is no fun anymore and I’ve just got zero interest. If it’s true of course.
With the incompetent (at best) state of the officiating, the financial chicanery, the appalling owners, the competitive imbalance, and the cesspit of morality and money that football has become, it is a truly detestable sport.

Last edited:
Ligue Un still has no TV deal and the season starts in a month. So broadcast income is £0 currently for all clubs. Understandably they're getting a bit itchy.

Amazon, BeIN and Canal+ have all said that for now they aren't interested. DAZN have a bid on the table but it's not a very lucrative one.

Band 5 & 6 are the Green areas on this map (obvs not the grassy bit )....essentially 4 miles from the pitch.

1721217801399.png

Sounds like a Blur album from the 90's.

Dammit - I must move on - that was 30 years ago.

Back