• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Arsenal look like the closest Prem side to that area, assuming I can read maps.
Arsenal's training complex is up just outside London on the edge of St Albans.

Barnet's ground is part of a large training complex which is used by lots of different teams from across north London, however - including youth teams.

Arsenal were the only Prem club that popped on Google, so I blame them. :)

Welsh Premier League introducing VAR.
Can only presume that will be 2 blokes using a camera phone to review the action...

Welsh Premier League introducing VAR.
Can only presume that will be 2 blokes using a camera phone to review the action...
Come now.... Gareth Bale has to do something other than play golf...

I'm likely misunderstanding (I usually am, why I never involve myself in the FFP/PSR discussions) but isn't the broadcast revenue alone in the Prem worth over £100m per side? So that would leave clubs able to spend £500m +

I'm likely misunderstanding (I usually am, why I never involve myself in the FFP/PSR discussions) but isn't the broadcast revenue alone in the Prem worth over £100m per side? So that would leave clubs able to spend £500m +
HARD CAP

Solihull into the National League playoff final after thumping Barnet. Bromley or Altrincham to face.

I'm surprised their ground is deemed acceptable for the Football League but apparently it is.

Solihull into the National League playoff final after thumping Barnet. Bromley or Altrincham to face.

I'm surprised their ground is deemed acceptable for the Football League but apparently it is.

Right in thinking it’s a new side to the EFL out of those 3

Shades of 90s Watford/Oxford with the multiple crappy stands down one side

img-res_pitchero_com.1280x0.jpg

Shades of 90s Watford/Oxford with the multiple crappy stands down one side

img-res_pitchero_com.1280x0.jpg
Old school social club style bar as the corporate entrance in the bottom left hand corner and if the ball gets booted over the main stand you're not getting it back in a hurry.

So basically, apart from the top few clubs who may have to be a little more careful, others can spend what they want? Villa wanting to pull up the drawbridge so that any new upstarts with cash won't be able to challenge them?
Surely it will encourage clubs to overspend and reap the inevitable consequences if they go down?

This will be in conjunction with the spending : turnover ratios though won't it? Which will be 70% if you're in Europe and 85% if you're not. In fact UEFA have already got it as 80% for next season and 70% thereafter, so you have no real choice unless you want to get banned by them (and they will do it, they don't give a shit. Juve and Milan have both had bans recently)

Back