• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cheltenham Festival, Champion Tipster Competition

Think Douvan is the only one that could save the bookies, if that wins the first they really will start worrying.

If they are relying on Annie Power fucking up to save them they will be right deep in the shite. That horse should coast it.

Anybody on the Mullins acca? It pays a pitiful 22/1 but the bookies are bricking it.

Not for me. I know i've put Douvan up here but he really is all hype, he's beat nothing however you do have to take note when Willie says he is among the best he's ever taken to Cheltenham. Un De Sceaux is a bit of a character who could just take off at any point and both Walsh and Geragthy have said he's impossible to steer when he does that. Faugheen could be the next coming and probably is but Jezki, Hurricane Fly and The New One are top class 2 mile hurdlers. Annie Power is the best mare in the race but she hasn't been seen since May last year.

In saying all of that they could all definitely win, they aren't the favourites for their races for nothing. I think it will be a big ask for all 4 to win. Can't wait to get there now, never been on the Tuesday but i'm massively looking forward to it.

Not for me. I know i've put Douvan up here but he really is all hype, he's beat nothing however you do have to take note when Willie says he is among the best he's ever taken to Cheltenham. Un De Sceaux is a bit of a character who could just take off at any point and both Walsh and Geragthy have said he's impossible to steer when he does that. Faugheen could be the next coming and probably is but Jezki, Hurricane Fly and The New One are top class 2 mile hurdlers. Annie Power is the best mare in the race but she hasn't been seen since May last year.

In saying all of that they could all definitely win, they aren't the favourites for their races for nothing. I think it will be a big ask for all 4 to win. Can't wait to get there now, never been on the Tuesday but i'm massively looking forward to it.

Would love to see Fly win it again but can't see it. Really struggled with the pace last year. His wins over Jezki this season in Ireland have been proper slogs through the mud. Won't get those conditions tomorrow.

Would love to see AP get a winner tomorrow. Unless I have a very profitable day tomorrow and decide to go Friday, this will be the last time I'll see him race live. The atmosphere if he wins will be amazing. Like you say, buzzing for it now and can't wait to get there

Would love to see Fly win it again but can't see it. Really struggled with the pace last year. His wins over Jezki this season in Ireland have been proper slogs through the mud. Won't get those conditions tomorrow.

Would love to see AP get a winner tomorrow. Unless I have a very profitable day tomorrow and decide to go Friday, this will be the last time I'll see him race live. The atmosphere if he wins will be amazing. Like you say, buzzing for it now and can't wait to get there

I don't think the Fly will win either. Jezki at Cheltenham is a much better horse and i think TNO is too and along with Faugheen but just looking at the quality it is a top notch Champion Hurdle.

It's the last day i will see him race live and it would be something special if he got a winner but i just can't see it with his rides but you never know as Pendra has been backed like a JP good thing in the last few days.

I have got back into horses (after a few years off) in the last couple of years and it was this competition that kick started it!

1.30 Douvan £10 win Query £5e/w
2.05 Clarcam Vibrato Valtat both £5e/w
2.40 The Druids Nephew, Mendip Express both £5e/w
3.20 Faugheen £20 win
4.00 Caroles Spirit Emily Gray both £5e/w
4.40 Very Wood £10 e/w
5.15 Lough Dearg Irish Cavilier both £5e/w

Seriously excited about today and I've barely got a penny on.

Hoping to see something special.

I am still perusing the runners and riders. The horses I am condemning to failure will be posted later this morning.

1.30 Douvan £20 win
2.05 Court Minstrel £10 e/w
2.40 Indian Castle £10 e/w
3.20 Hurricane Fly £10 e/w
4.00 The Pirates Queen £10 e/w
4.40 Sego Success £10 w, Vivaldi Clollonges £5 e/w
5.15 Bold Henry and Knock House both £5e/w

I have got back into horses (after a few years off) in the last couple of years and it was this competition that kick started it!

Do I need to feel proud or apologise for making you throw money at the nags again, Donegal? :icon_lol:

Coneygree going for the Gold Cup.

Damn. I was having him in the RSA tomorrow.

1-30; Jollyallan,£5 e/w and Velvet Maker, £5 e/w
2-05; Sail By The Sea, £5 e/w and Three Kingdoms £5 e/w
2-40; Monbeg Dude, £5 e/w and Smart Freddy, £5 e/w
3-20; Hurricane Fly, £5 e/w and Jezki, £5 e/w
4-00; Bitofapuzzle, £5 e/w and Carole's Spirit, £5 e/w
4-40; Cogry, £5 e/w and Sego Success, £5 e/w
5-15; Generous Ransom £5 e/w and Irish Cavalier, £5 e/w

Good luck everyone...Especially the ones who are going to follow their horses with hard cash!

1.30 Shaneshill 10 e/w
2.05 Vibrato Valtat 10 e/w
2.40 Azure Fly 5 e/w & Barrakilla 5 e/w
3.20 Jezki 10 e/w
4.00 Pass the time 5 e/w & L'unique 5 e/w
4.40 Vivaldi Collonges 10 e/w
5.15 Cold March 10 e/w

Back