• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

Might just be rumours moving the market but the odds of Susan Hall winning the London mayor vote have reduced from 7's to 4.8 in the last few minutes. Still a long shot but hopefully it will never happen as she is a dreadful human being.
The Independent candidates are doing well in the Inner London wards at the expense of Labour, if that's repeated in the Mayoral contest then Khan loses. The Tory getting in, because of a protest vote against Labour policy in the Middle East would be one hell of an act of self sabotage.

This clickbait shit is so annoying.

The Lib Dems and various other small parties are not picking up 38% between them in a GE, are they. And that's not even considering that only 1 in 3 council seats in England were actually contested, and exactly 0 in Scotland and Wales.

Conservatives hold Walsall. What magic potion are they putting in the water in the area to make them think that the Conservative Party is the way to go?
How is that possible? Is it because areas like Cheslyn Hay are included? IDK. Such places are where so many think they live in the countryside, so they are rich and better than Bloxwich types and therefore vote tory? Just guessing.

How is that possible? Is it because areas like Cheslyn Hay are included? IDK. Such places are where so many think they live in the countryside, so they are rich and better than Bloxwich types and therefore vote tory? Just guessing.
Walsall includes places like Streetly, Aldridge and possibly a bit of overspill from Little Aston too.

I'm from New Invention, I can assure you I have no superiority complex where that's concerned :D

Walsall includes places like Streetly, Aldridge and possibly a bit of overspill from Little Aston too.
Thx. I still have links in Wednesfield but as I have been resident out of the country for a long time I have lost my deep understanding of local demographics.

If Aldridge are voting Tory it’s changed a fuckload since I lived there. It was over thirty years ago mind.

If Aldridge are voting Tory it’s changed a fuckload since I lived there. It was over thirty years ago mind.
Aldridge has always had a big opinion of itself hasn't it? Certainly my wife's family that lived there thought they were much posher than the rest of her clan from Walsall, Pelsall etc.

Aldridge has had a Tory MP since Thatcher, didn't even flip during the Blair years.

Yeah, definitely a bit of Solihull actually/South Staffordshire actually about them.

Used to work with a guy who lived in Streetly - prick was adamant he lived in Birmingham, endless fun to remind him he was a Walsall resident and watch him lose his shit.

Used to work with a guy who lived in Streetly - prick was adamant he lived in Birmingham, endless fun to remind him he was a Walsall resident and watch him lose his shit.
I guess he agreed with IKEA when they called their store between Junctions 9 and 10, 'IKEA Birmingham'.

There is or was a Hotel in Walsall that had themselves as being in Birmingham
Someone should ask that female Walsall fan who was crying about the naughty Wolves fans on the radio a fair few years ago if she lives in Birmingham. ;-)

I guess he agreed with IKEA when they called their store between Junctions 9 and 10, 'IKEA Birmingham'.
At least IKEA never actually believed those names, it was just a bit of a marketing exercise so more people could actually figure out vaguely where the stores were. Think the Ashton-under-Lyne store swapped to IKEA Manchester at the same time.

I'm adamant it's still false anyway, that store is in Darlaston not Wednesbury, or at least a decent chunk of it is.

At least IKEA never actually believed those names, it was just a bit of a marketing exercise so more people could actually figure out vaguely where the stores were. Think the Ashton-under-Lyne store swapped to IKEA Manchester at the same time.

I'm adamant it's still false anyway, that store is in Darlaston not Wednesbury, or at least a decent chunk of it is.
Yep, and it is in Darlo. You have a point about marketing as even though I am proud of part of my ancient family origins in Darlaston Green, I don't think that Ikea Darlaston would have passed the credibility test.

Back