• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

I'd much rather have Tim II FFS
I dunno man. It's like saying you'd rather play Hoever than Doherty on Sunday.

You know that saying, "don't let perfect be the enemy of good"? Well, that, but at the other end of the scale.

I dunno man. It's like saying you'd rather play Hoever than Doherty on Sunday.

You know that saying, "don't let perfect be the enemy of good"? Well, that, but at the other end of the scale.
Aren't you the guy who just discussing the merits of Hodge v brownhill ;)

No, not really :D

Joe Hodge is a League Two player at best, Josh Brownhill could just about pass for a Premier League midfielder (in a squad role) if you squint but we don't need him.

Spiers vs Madeley is more like arguing who was worse, Lawrie Madden or Paul Stancliffe. On no level would you ever want to watch either play (at least by the point they became Wolves players, they probably were alright when they weren't 52 and totally clapped out when we signed them).

Na, Spiers was decent. I don't get the hate, the best since Instone by far.
Style thing innit.

I just couldn't get on with the way the did most of his articles. Now some were good, like his piece when he travelled with the squad to a Europa Game but the rest, nah and he got a shit ton wrong.

His Tweeting style was shite as well and he tried to copy it when he took over the Spurs role for a while and found their fans didn't appreciate it as much as ours did

Spiers vs Madeley is more like arguing who was worse, Lawrie Madden or Paul Stancliffe. On no level would you ever want to watch either play (at least by the point they became Wolves players, they probably were alright when they weren't 52 and totally clapped out when we signed them).
Did we genuinely used to sing "you'll never best Loz Madden" or have I dreamt it?

Na, Spiers was decent. I don't get the hate, the best since Instone by far.
Again damning with faint praise, isn't it. For a while around 2005/2006 Lee Naylor was the very best Wolves left back I had ever seen, and by quite a way too, but that didn't mean he was actually good.

He seemed to look at the way other people wrote and tried that (cramming in pop culture references, chucking in a few yoot phrases, being a fan as well as a writer) without recognising that a) sticking them all in one place is a mess, b) if you're not funny and you try to be, it stands out so, so badly and c) find your own voice, seriously.

His actual opinion pieces were always really poor, I know it's up there to disagree with but you shouldn't have such a low hit rate. And if he tried doing a historical piece he would get facts wrong which is unacceptable.

Style thing innit.

I just couldn't get on with the way the did most of his articles. Now some were good, like his piece when he travelled with the squad to a Europa Game but the rest, nah and he got a shit ton wrong.

His Tweeting style was shite as well and he tried to copy it when he took over the Spurs role for a while and found their fans didn't appreciate it as much as ours did
The tortured Blackadder style analogies crowbarred in to his pieces offer nothing and that's from someone who normally loves a pun.

I assume The Athletic get a certain amount of tickets and a national writer has decided they want to be there for the Kloppathon so PTS has been told to do one. It's a bit shit really, although him being there offers nothing
If it was FTS not PTS he’d have grounds for complaint but given he chooses to go on holiday when games are on he will just have to suck it up.

Forgetting the fact it’s PTS that’s pretty poor stuff not allowing a journalists of the local spread in because a few nationals want to be there.

It’s rammed press wise because of klopps last game, they’ll want to see the send off he gets, think coronation, but bigger and more over the top with a never walk alone soundtrack

It’s rammed press wise because of klopps last game, they’ll want to see the send off he gets, think coronation, but bigger and more over the top with a never walk alone soundtrack

God, I hope we piss all over his chips now.

Back