• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Wed (H); The "Thank god it's nearly over" build up thread

Question for the ST's and those going... will you stick around for POTY and the walk round at the end? Cant imagine many staying but I was also surprised by the reception they got at the end on Saturday.

Its obvious we're going to end up in a cycle of 'they haven't got any experience, but I wont play them so they gain experience' with Jackett so don't expect any changes. Maybe Hause in and Iorfa out after Jackett singled Dom out on Saturday.
I will be back in the pub by then.

Question for the ST's and those going... will you stick around for POTY and the walk round at the end? Cant imagine many staying but I was also surprised by the reception they got at the end on Saturday.

Its obvious we're going to end up in a cycle of 'they haven't got any experience, but I wont play them so they gain experience' with Jackett so don't expect any changes. Maybe Hause in and Iorfa out after Jackett singled Dom out on Saturday.

No way. My own protest of sorts

If the Player of the Season finalists are announced first, I'll hang on for that. If the lap of averageness is first then I'll be buggering off.

I normally stop for the lap but I just don't feel like celebrating the season in any way, other than going for stiff drink.

I'll be watching Middlesbrough v Brighton on the TV.

What kind of attendance is expected. Wednesday have sold about 5,000 tickets, so it could be one of the biggest gates of the season

With the Wednesday following it may get close to 23k

"Do we have to go on saturday dad?.....its boring now"

Well done KJ you have managed to lose a football daft 12yr old this season.

On the plus side, ive got a spare £30 "disposable income" to spend on a few lp's

See ya some other time.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves
Wolves fans who normally park at Faukland Street are advised to find alternative parking on Sat due to Sheffield Wednesday coaches/minibuses

"Do we have to go on saturday dad?.....its boring now"

Well done KJ you have managed to lose a football daft 12yr old this season.

On the plus side, ive got a spare £30 "disposable income" to spend on a few lp's

See ya some other time.
After sitting through the awful Rotherham 0-0 my two are desperate to go again.

Not sure I can face it myself.

After sitting through the awful Rotherham 0-0 my two are desperate to go again.

Not sure I can face it myself.

It is all part of he duties of being a Father. I took my young sons to watch Wolves in the dark days, when the likes of Halifax, Newport and Mansfield were beating us easily. Now that was cruelty...

It is all part of he duties of being a Father. I took my young sons to watch Wolves in the dark days, when the likes of Halifax, Newport and Mansfield were beating us easily. Now that was cruelty...

But at least there were some goals to see then Frank!

It's nearly beer o'clock so I'm gonna forget all about the impending 0-0 draw and enjoy the company, chat and beers that tonight will bring ;)

Jimmy Mac was in that Wednesday side back in the sixties. And good to see the Doog arguing with the referee, something he did regularly.

Jimmy Mac was in that Wednesday side back in the sixties. And good to see the Doog arguing with the referee, something he did regularly.

I met McCalliog a few years ago, he's running a BnB in Ayrshire. Lovely guy.

Deutsch Wolf;899305 And the obligatory 1994/95 shootout: [youtube said:
YHk3Pk-FxgU[/youtube]

Don't think I'll ever see a better penalty taker down here than John de Wolf.

What an amazing penalty shoot out against Sheffield Wed! Loved it! Even the long journey home afterwards!

Extended highlights of our 2-2 draw with Sheff Wed from September 1967 for those of that vintage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLCc4HzB-cs

And the obligatory 1994/95 shootout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHk3Pk-FxgU

Don't think I'll ever see a better penalty taker down here than John de Wolf.

Is it just me or was football better in 1995? Or, at least supporting Wolves seemed to be. Also the FA cup seemed to mean something to everyone too. Shame really. Perhaps it's my age. I would have been 15 at the time.

Back