• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham (A) Matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get this, if Dicko was fit both he and Afobe would be starting every week, so why never play ALF and Afobe together?

Hopefully we get what we need today though, 3 points to help lift the mood a bit.

I don't see the ball sticking in the final third so it's vital we get a hold on midfield. Would have preferred Byrne wide right but bemused at the dropping. More manager failing than player in terms of Afobe. Maybe he's been a bit mouthy.

Three points today would be in spite of the rancid team selection and would just paper over the gaping cracks that have become ever wider today. I've completely lost all faith in Ken now whatever today's result, benching Afobe instead of playing a team that can at least try to get the best out of him is fucking ridiculous. That on top of last week's turd of a performance is the final straw.

Honestly not that surprised with that selection given what Kenny's been doing for most of this season - didn't work last week so lets drop our best player & try it again

At least he hasn't gone the whole hog and inserted Holt instead (though why he's even on the bench rather than something useful like a spare kit bag is unfathomable)

So pleased that this is an away game to far away for me to have contemplated going to - at least I've saved money

The problem is that if we win - which we could well do - fools will take it as a sign that we're on the way back/we can manage without Afobe etc etc. Statistically we must a game like this sooner or later, but the damage is done for this season. As has been said above, Dicko and Afobe would start automatically. Maybe Jackett will completely take the piss by bringing on Holt as a sub ahead of Afobe...

I don't think it'll lift the mood. Just perpetuate it. If we win it justifies Jackett and his XI for the next game.

Another baffling selection from Jackett. Surely people who thought he should keep his job are seriously reconsidering now. He's lost it.

The problem is that if we win - which we could well do - fools will take it as a sign that we're on the way back/we can manage without Afobe etc etc. Statistically we must a game like this sooner or later, but the damage is done for this season. As has been said above, Dicko and Afobe would start automatically. Maybe Jackett will completely take the piss by bringing on Holt as a sub ahead of Afobe...

He is completely taking the piss with the initial selection. Bringing Holt on (for Le Fondre) and leaving Afobe on the bench would basically be a suicide note.

2 surprises so far...
City got stuffed 2-0 by Stoke and lowly Charlton 1 up v top 3 Brighton.
At least the rain has eased off here as Edwards running hard works the ball through to 3 supporting Wolves attacking players then out to Graham but with ALF being covered by defenders, it comes to nothing.

Defeat today - possibly even a draw - must surely be the end for Jackett?

It won't be. We'll delay and delay then sack him by which time it will be too late or there will be no candidates. We've already missed out on Hasselbaink and Smith. Not saying I'd have liked Smith but there are precious few options out there as it is without us fucking about while those around us seek to get their houses in order. We might have a shot at Rowett but it won't be long before someone takes a punt on him.

Graham cross is headed home by Henry to give us the best start we could have -

At least Graham whips a great ball in, pace, power and accuracy, bounces just in front of Henry so he stoops and flashes his header in with a great header.
1-0.
But I agree that it might fool people that this must be the best selection...

What a cracking cross by Graham and Henry nipped in front of the static defender to head home. Great start from us. Graham in the ball a few times already.

Sounded like a decent cross by Graham - want us to persist with him

c89a55dd8f493293301e1858f7d2d389.jpg

9578a3fb80636246ec6a469b62eebfff.jpg

Graham another cross which reaches Henry, but a tame placed shot is easily taken.

Graham continuing to show promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back