• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2024/25

I don’t see that Guedes gets much stick from fans tbh. Most won’t really care about whether he’s been here or out on loan.

We’re much more hyper critical on here than the regular match going fan.

From the short highlights I watched he looked good last night. Certainly better than Fraser or any of the other youth players we had to end up relying upon last season.

That being said, I imagine he will go back to Spain before the window ends.

Gaz looks disgusted with our new signing

1000010135.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was Becks' only Molineux appearance (I was there but I'd be lying if I said he looked like a future legend)

fb_img_1714999044166-jpg.10326

I can't see him on here*

We weren't in the same division as PNE when he was on loan there, and he left Man Utd in 2003 before we played them in a league or cup game. Didn't play for England U21s vs Poland at Molineux in 1996, he was in the senior squad by then.

*Superb work by Bully against Wor Brucie on our goal. How did we not get a penalty for handball in the second half, terrible work on the post for Ince's goal and Blades can fuck off, that isn't unlucky, you could have either got out of the way or done something else, it wasn't that close a ricochet.

Edit: GT's son still sticking around, not getting a game for the stiffs :D Turner has the freedom of this city but he did take the piss there.

Last edited:
Is that the team sheet from that game when Bully was coming back from a long term injury?, I was there that night, big crowd if I remember.

Not so much long term, he'd missed about a month. Geoff Thomas was meant to play too but didn't (and didn't again all season).

Was a 20k crowd at least.

Edit: Maybe 7 weeks or so looking back, he scored at Albion on 5 Sep and went off just after HT. So this was his comeback in late Oct.

Also the 1994 United friendly was the home debut for Jamie Smith. A real novelty for us at the time to have an actual youth product coming through being as for years we didn't have what you'd call an Academy in the modern sense. We didn't even have a training ground.

Young players who got a gig in the late 80s/early 90s tended to be signed from elsewhere first (Bennett, J Kelly, D Roberts, Simkin etc). Shaun Bradbury and Colin Taylor exceptions but one lasted about four games and one was quickly shown up to be simply a kid who scored loads at youth level because he was massive when he was 14.

Is that the team sheet from that game when Bully was coming back from a long term injury?, I was there that night, big crowd if I remember.
I was there as well. My only ever reserve game which considering I’m at over 1000 first team games is slightly odd!

I was there as well. My only ever reserve game which considering I’m at over 1000 first team games is slightly odd!
You know what, even though my old man used to take me to Central League games in the late fifties early sixties I think it’s probably the only one I’ve ever been to as an adult.

I'm pretty sure this was Becks' only Molineux appearance (I was there but I'd be lying if I said he looked like a future legend)

fb_img_1714999044166-jpg.10326

I can't see him on here*

We weren't in the same division as PNE when he was on loan there, and he left Man Utd in 2003 before we played them in a league or cup game. Didn't play for England U21s vs Poland at Molineux in 1996, he was in the senior squad by then.

*Superb work by Bully against Wor Brucie on our goal. How did we not get a penalty for handball in the second half, terrible work on the post for Ince's goal and Blades can fuck off, that isn't unlucky, you could have either got out of the way or done something else, it wasn't that close a ricochet.

Edit: GT's son still sticking around, not getting a game for the stiffs :D Turner has the freedom of this city but he did take the piss there.
John Howard fitted our kitchen back in 1999.

1-0 up, Sarabia claiming it but it's an OG really.

Very early days but I really like what I've seen from Mosquera. Seems Villareal are still sniffing around him but we should be demanding a fee they've got no chance of affording really.

The CBS commentary team are impressively managing to pronounce 90% of our team incorrectly.

The CBS commentary team are impressively managing to pronounce 90% of our team incorrectly.
Yep, some marvelous mangling of the English language here.

Excellent play by Hwang, Doherty miscontrols it, Strand Larsen makes a hash of what should have been a tap in, but Sarabia tidies up. 2-0.

Back