• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE (A) build up 26/9

I would like to see Kevin McDonald higher up the pitch in positions where he can get on the ball and create chances for Afobe with the through ball. Trying to play more football in the opponents half.

-------------------Martinez---------------------

Iorfa.----------Batth.----Hause.------Golbourne.

-------------Price.--------Saville.--------------

----Wallace.-------McDonald.----------Byrne.-------

---------------------Afobe.-----------------

Afobe has not been at his best recently, would it be worth playing ALF as the front man.

Before I get shot down... didn't Doherty play at home to Bournemouth as left back and he did reasonably well? (Sending off aside) just a suggestion.

Before I get shot down... didn't Doherty play at home to Bournemouth as left back and he did reasonably well? (Sending off aside) just a suggestion.

One of the best games I've seen him have.

I am not sure if this is a must win game, but winning will take some of the pressure off KJ. Not to mention giving the players a bit of confidence.

I think we will bounce back and win at PNE. 2 - 1 to Wolves.

Talking to a Preston fan this morning (BT engineer in to sort out one of our broadband lines) - he was not confident as they really cannot score at the moment.

Given our current goal scoring prowess could well be a 0 - 0, though wouldn't actually be that upset with a second clean sheet & always the chance of 1 which could give us the 3 points.

Afobe is fine playing up front on his own, he just needs decent service from those behind him.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 3m3 minutes ago

Kenny Jackett has confirmed that, after playing 90 mins for the U21s on Monday, Danny Batth is back in the first team picture for Saturday.

KJ: " Danny's ready now, he trained today with a view to Saturday. We've given him quite a bit of time now, worked his own pre-season."

KJ: "He's been out for four months and, from his point of view, he's had enough games in the Under 21s that he's ready for the first team."

\0/

Season saved.

Pleased by the sounds of It Batth will come straight back in as I just don't rate EEL one bit he's prone to mistakes and panics when on the ball he is a League 1 defender at best.

I am! That's more than I thought we'd sell, happy with that number. Should be pushing 2.5K on the day.

Nice to see the kids tickets are £2 (as it should be)
And Fulham in midweek is £20 an adult.

lessons to be learned me thinks.

Looking at the last time we went to Preston how did this first eleven line up?

C Ikeme, R Stearman (G Elokobi, 32 (K Foley, 78)), S Ricketts, D Batth, M Doherty, L Evans , B Sako, B Sigurdarson, D Davis , D Edwards (J Cassidy, 65), L Griffiths.

..................Ikeme
Doherty, Stearman, Batth, Ricketts
.............Davis, Evans
Sigurdarson, Edwards, Sako
.................Griffiths

?

Yes, I think that was how we lined up to start with.

Edwards and Stearman got injured, and then so did Elokobi who had already come on as a substitute :facepalm: In the aftermath of the game there were idiots moaning about Sako and how rubbish he is.

I went to that and I have no memory of how they lined up or anything that happened. Must have been some game!

Back