• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Away: Build Up Thread

Vis - I hope Mrs Vis isn't too pissed off with you over this. I reckon you might be somewhat shunned!!

what a team performance , and magic for Adama too, but Jiminez who is out on his feet, made two crackers, we are back!!!!!!

What the fuck just happened?!?! That’s incredible, what a performance and what a couple of incredibly cool finishes from Adama. Get the fuck in!

What a fucking finish, cool as you like, feints the far corner shoots right... started as traore, finishing as del fucking piero

Exactly this. The Besiktas game was the first time I've ever found myself 100% in agreement with Johnny: we were bloody awful in the first half of that game. But football is a game of opinions and by and large there are some quite intelligent ones on this forum. I have my views - I'm a Traore fan but I know he needs a lot of work, I don't think MGW will ever fulfil his potential - and I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I don't especially enjoy being called a £$%& but I accept that passions run high. But negative for the sake of being negative? There's hardly anyone that applies to.

Might be a slightly bigger Traore fan now...

adama is now our most important all rounder, wing back, winger and GOALSCORER!!!!!!!!!! and no apologies for the caps this time!!!

Fucking mental, what is happening with this team.... four games ago we were saying nuno is in trouble and now..

Fucking superb. I said earlier in the thread if we kept defending like that there were chances for us on the break. We played them absolutely perfectly. Incredible result

four games ago we were saying nuno is in trouble and now..
who's this We bollocks????

We all know what will happen. We’ll go there to try and keep it 0-0 for as long as possible. We’ll give it to Traore where possible and rely on him to get us up the pitch for a bit. Rest of the time we’ll smack it long to either Raul/Cutrone.

The problem is, unless we’re extremely lucky, City are too good to not score at least one of their chances - so then we’re chasing the game or playing for damage limitation.

I’m not suggesting Nuno sets us up offensively against City as we’ll get torn apart. But we can probably all predict how the game will pan out already.

Or maybe not...

We were great in defence and pressed hard. Adama has finnished so cooly it's untrue. Bennett can be very satisfied with that performance and proves once again he is fucking solid

After a bunch of games where we looked like we'd lost our edge, that was the very best of this team again. Adama has come so far.

Nuno's selection this season have not received universal approval, but reckon he got it right today

Having said that the City front line didn't sound as if it was firing properly which helped.

It's four o'clock in the afternoon and I need to go for a lie down.

Back