• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 1/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Moutinho Neves Lemina Nunes
Raul Sarabia

Neto on the bench. No Cunha at all.

No idea how that midfield lines up.

Missing my first away game of the season due to work. Team looks set up as we did at Southampton away with Matheus, Joao and Sarabia behind Raul, didn’t work then hopefully works tonight.

Don't like it, won't work. Their fullbacks will have a field day, and it's possibly the slowest starting eleven in Premier League history

Will be Sarabia on the right, Nunes on the left. Midfield 3.

Guess trying to stay in the game, frustrate them.

Jota and Nunez in up top for them. But their midfield is definitely there to be taken advantage of

Speaks volumes of his thoughts of Podence that he keeps playing Moutinho

Definitely a stay in the game selection, not for me but can see the logic

Outside of set pieces. 9 of that team are highly unlikely to score. The two who are more likely have one league goal between them.

Glad to see Neto on the bench. Not the most inspiring looking team attack wise. But you never know.

Outside of set pieces. 9 of that team are highly unlikely to score. The two who are more likely have one league goal between them.
Swap Cunha for Moutinho and that stat doesn't really change. You could change the 9 to 8 if you were feeling generous

Yeah, share the concerns of others. Our tried and tested method v sides like this is to have pace on the counter. We appear to be lining up with the opposite. It’s all very well having lots of possession in midfield, but there’s nothing in that starting 11 that looks like they’ll get the ball in the net IMO. Hope I’m wrong.

Predicting a routine 2-0 defeat

This Liverpool side they're equally dangerous and vulnerable but we seem to be setting up with only one of those traits in mind.

We've got next to nothing in the other direction that might cause them any problems IMO.

Rather negative. Much rather have seen RAN in than Moutinho. Stay in the game selection and hope for a good 30 minutes from Traore.

Swap Cunha for Moutinho and that stat doesn't really change. You could change the 9 to 8 if you were feeling generous
No it doesn’t change. But if we’re saying Cunha isn’t “more likely to score” than Moutinho then I have no idea why he’s here.

Put peak (or somewhere close) Neto and James Maddison ( or similar) in and it’s a good team.

Instead Moutinho needs to do something he hasn’t done in his time here (and didn’t bother getting in the box the other day against Bournemouth) and Nunes needs to produce something he hadn’t done yet for this team to have any attacking threat.

Outside of that we’re hoping for Sarabia and Jimenez to do what Jota and Jimenez did, set pieces or a worldy

Adama will be good if we’re not losing. Big IF

If that's the plan I've got some magic beans I could sell JL
Hope springs eternal. They do leave a lot of space behind their full backs so if he’s going to have one of his 1:5 good games it could be tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back