• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowing it down does him a favour as it doesn’t look like he’s gone in at 100mph!

It’s exactly what VAR is there for, the “without VAR no one care” is bollocks everyone looks at afterwards and says that the ref has missed a big call.

Norwich vs Leeds has been awful. Like watching a Hoddle team play against itself.

Norwich getting promoted would be as bad as Sheffield Utd I expect, they're terrible. Of the four teams in the playoffs only Leeds probably have a better than average chance of staying up, they'd need to sack Farke to do so though.

Norwich getting promoted would be as bad as Sheffield Utd I expect, they're terrible. Of the four teams in the playoffs only Leeds probably have a better than average chance of staying up, they'd need to sack Farke to do so though.
The promoted sides are rarely as hapless as we expect tbf.

I know they've all gone straight back down this year (well, nearly), but Burnley and Luton at least kept in touch with safety (helped by points deductions, granted). Only Blades have really been horrifically out of their depth IMV and they had a ton of criminal mismanagement from ownership IIRC.

You used to need 40 points to be safe from relegation, 30 points keeping a team up is frankly embarrassing. The gap between the two leagues is getting bigger and bigger, and will only continue to do so.

You used to need 40 points to be safe from relegation, 30 points keeping a team up is frankly embarrassing. The gap between the two leagues is getting bigger and bigger, and will only continue to do so.

I think 40 points has only been needed 2-3 times since it went to a 20 team league.

With one game to go the bottom 3 have a combined total of 66 points. If all 3 win (!!) they'll still be a point shy of any trio of collective points in the last 10 seasons.

22/23 it was 86
21/22 - 80
20/21 - 77
19/20 - 89
18/19 - 76
17/18 - 97
16/17 - 86
15/16 - 87
14/15 - 98
13/14 - 95

So basically Alan you're talking bubbles :p

Villa getting 17 points in 15/16 doesn't get talked about enough.

I dunno, I feel like I've seen way worse teams than those two in my life.

Obviously the points totals are difficult to argue against.

I think 40 points has only been needed 2-3 times since it went to a 20 team league.
I guess the argument is at 40 points you are comfortably safe and and out of range. At 37 points your within striking distance

40 certainly takes the pressure off mentally.

I think West Ham are the only team to go down with 40 points. The promoted 3 have been abject, Sheff Utd have conceded more than any PL team, Kompany spent the first 2/3 of the season on some philosophical ego trip which is what relegated Burnley and Luton are a plucky underdog story, but lack any real quality all over the pitch with Edwards spending the season fanboing the managers of the big teams.

Thank fuck that's finished, I've never been so happy to have do the hoovering and other Sunday household chores whilst a games on.

I think West Ham are the only team to go down with 40 points. The promoted 3 have been abject, Sheff Utd have conceded more than any PL team, Kompany spent the first 2/3 of the season on some philosophical ego trip which is what relegated Burnley and Luton are a plucky underdog story, but lack any real quality all over the pitch with Edwards spending the season fanboing the managers of the big teams.

Sunderland went down on 40 in 1997

The top sides are accumulating way more points than teams at that level used to get too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back