• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Dock Martins Indi his wages for flinching out of the way. Not to say he'd have blocked it anyway but I hate that so much.

Pascal Gross has such a good footballing brain and does most things right..should be playing for a better team (like us)

I know it's completely against the grain but i think Burnley are crap. A bunch of average players getting by on being organised, effort and players having extraordinary seasons. I think they could go down next year especially if some of the teams below them get their act together. It's just not a sustainable way of playing.

I know it's completely against the grain but i think Burnley are crap. A bunch of average players getting by on being organised, effort and players having extraordinary seasons. I think they could go down next year especially if some of the teams below them get their act together. It's just not a sustainable way of playing.

They are essentially a fine tuned version of Cardiff City.

Dyche has a definite plan, there's a good video that Lycan sent me about how they restrict chances to the extent that the goalkeeper generally only has to deal with routine chances. It's limited but with those players...what can you do.

There isn't a player having a once in a career season like a Michael Ricketts thing, they're just very well drilled and they're a lot better than the crap in the bottom half. They need to build on this but they'll be ok.

They are essentially a fine tuned version of Cardiff City.

Yeah pretty much. I know they're 7th and having a fantastic season and fair play to them but they are awful to watch and i can't see teams not finding a way to beat them next year.

87 minutes in and Ward still hasn't got near Moses who has caused havoc all game.

Dyche has a definite plan, there's a good video that Lycan sent me about how they restrict chances to the extent that the goalkeeper generally only has to deal with routine chances. It's limited but with those players...what can you do.

There isn't a player having a once in a career season like a Michael Ricketts thing, they're just very well drilled and they're a lot better than the crap in the bottom half. They need to build on this but they'll be ok.

Oh yeah they have a definite plan and it's that they defend the middle of the pitch very well forcing teams to have long shots or go wide but even with that Pope has an outstanding save % and they finish a ridiculous percentage of good chances that they create or they have this season anyway. With the quality of players they have i think it's going to be hard to sustain it but as i said it would still take teams below them to get their act together as they aren't even organised but if a few of them do get somewhere near then the better players that they have could mean Burnley struggle next year.

Burnley should be able to sign better players from here though. Depends what Dyche wants, it'll be interesting. Defour's been a bit hit and miss for them which isn't a great portent, they do definitely need some more flair to push on though.

I hope Dyche gets the England job when Southgate inevitably gets the tin tack in July.

Then Burnley really would be in the shit.

Our amazing FA have said Gareth's job is safe whatever. Presumably that includes if we lose 5-0 to both Panama and Tunisia.

We won't though, we'll get through the group, lose in the last 16 and we'll have two more years of him.

How different is what Dyche is doing from what Moyes did at Everton?

Millwall causing Fulham all sorts of problems at the moment.

I've been listening to the game on the radio. It seems the officials are looking after Fulham?

I've been listening to the game on the radio. It seems the officials are looking after Fulham?

I haven't seen it that way. Bettinelli has gotten himself in trouble more than once but he has been fouled each time the whistle has gone, IMO.

Well, that didn't take long.

Really atrocious defending from about 5 Millwall players there.

Piss poor keeping too, could quite easy have been 2-0 as well.

I put the blame there more on Millwall's RB (or whoever was supposed to be marking Sess) than on Archer. He's put it wide from goal and the original shot had too much swerve to catch; he surely is just expecting the defender to get there before Sessegnon (and he really should be doing so, too).

Fulham well on top now.

Now that he should have saved. Great hit, mind.

KMac looked surprised to see that go in.

Back