• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

LETS ROLL - Wolves v Everton The Premier League Return Build Up

Totally agree. Thought he’d be the weak link and coady the strong one at the back. Roles reversed today

Jota been poor today for me, he's held on to the ball too long and lost it multiple times. Hopefully he improves, I'm expecting big things from the lad.

I'll take that tbh, Everton were decent and probably would have won with 11 men.

Pleased enough with the result, but I have go be honest, I thought the performance was poor on the whole. Jota, Neves and Boly way below their best.

Bennett, Neves and Jimenez all very good today but major improvement needed elsewhere.

Jimenez MOTM quality play and a cracking goal.

Bit disappointing to not win against a team reduced to ten in the first half. But, but, BUT: first game in the prem for the team and Everton are a decent side. Still expecting us to finish comfortably above relegation.

Pleased enough with the result, but I have go be honest, I thought the performance was poor on the whole. Jota, Neves and Boly way below their best.
Neves has a goal and an assist can't really call that poor. Some sloppy passes yes but everyone was doing that.

Red card helped us massively.

We did play some really nice stuff though.

Hopefully the nerves have gone now. Jota needs a bollicking for not playing the ball sooner.

Might be harsh but I thought doc was fairly anonymous despite getting acres of space second half

Struck me like a game we were determined not to lose rather than one we should have won

We need to remember we're dealing with different levels of opposition now

We need a lot more from our wingbacks in the next game. Jonny looks fine defensively but not sure how much he offers going forward.

Doc was poor today offered very little and his crossing was rank.

I would consider Vinny and Jonny to start the next game.

Boly and Jota very poor today. Neves dragged us out of the shit in a nervy and poor performance.

Decent debut from Raul. Probably my MOTM ahead of Bennett.

Can't be too downhearted by that. Yes Everton were there for taking in the second half, but this team will only get better. The foundations are there. Some shaky moments and we really seem to be lacking good crossing from the wing, otherwise promising games for Raul, Jota, Neves, Moutinho, even Vinagre and Bonatini looked good as sub options. Costa is too hot and cold but he'll have good games this season. Doc gets in the right positions, but lacks end product. Need to see more of Jonny but he had more threat than Doc.

We looked very nervy first 20, but then settled so hopefully that’s out of the way. We had very little from the wing backs, and Diogo was poor - and Helder was bloody awful. Bonantini was poor too, but vinagre and MGW looked lively when they come on, much more offensive. Neves was awesome, really fantastic, and Jiminez impressed me too, took his goal well and his al round play was excellent.

Hoping we improve from here.

We do have to sharpen up. Defensively both goals were poor to concede. Both our goals were well taien. Against 11 we may have come away with nothing

Back