• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (H) 23/12 Build Up Thread

Always a tough fixture and potential for another 'job on us', Mick always raises his game for this fixture. In 6 meetings since he's been at Ipswich, he won the first 2 and the last 4 have been draws. Can Nuno be the Wolves manager who finally puts Mick to bed?

Cav was very poor other than a couple of bits of magic. The more worrying aspect with Jota is he looked uninterested at times. Cav has always been inconsistent but there is no excuse for constantly being offside it ruined several potential moves.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That's crept into jota's game and needs nipping in the bud.

Won't object at all if Nuno freshens things up, but they will have had enough time to recover so no real need to do so

The Batth/Bennett 'argument' is of no relevance as there is not much to choose between them

I'd take Hause over both Batth and Bennett.

I would think some rotation needs to occur. Both Cav and Jota have been poor for the best part of three games, so it is time Costa had a chance. His sub appearance suggested it could be time.

I'd take Hause over both Batth and Bennett.

Problem is that we have shown no inclination to move Boly from where he is. Hause would be a disaster on the right hand side and can not do what Coady does so he is competing for a spot he has no hope of taking.

Problem is that we have shown no inclination to move Boly from where he is. Hause would be a disaster on the right hand side and can not do what Coady does so he is competing for a spot he has no hope of taking.

Surely that's because he's better with his left foot than all the other 3 right footed centre backs. It's going to be hard for Kortney to get back in purely because all of the centre backs have performed well this season but if Nuno thought he was the best option to come in i don't think he would hesitate in moving Boly to the other side.

This is going to be another typical Mick/Ipswich game, pressing all over the pitch, niggling negative tatics, hoping to nick a goal at some stage ! we need Nuno to
outsmart Mick on this one, Douglas in for Vinagre ,and give Costa a full game instead of Jota, he really needs a break ,recharge his batteries and all that !
Cav also needs to improve on the Sheff. Wed game, thought he was well below par, am i right in thinking he is consistently inconsistent !! he is a right handfull
when on form .

Jota will have had 8 days to recharge his batteries!! I really don't understand all these calls to drop him.

We need the points, we'll need players who are able to unlock defences. Dropping Jota for any other reason than injury would be madness.

Whether he'll be able to play all the games over the festive period is another argument but there's no way he should be rested on Saturday.

Jota will have had 8 days to recharge his batteries!! I really don't understand all these calls to drop him.

We need the points, we'll need players who are able to unlock defences. Dropping Jota for any other reason than injury would be madness.

Whether he'll be able to play all the games over the festive period is another argument but there's no way he should be rested on Saturday.
All Jota needs to do is get his focus back. The last 2 games he has been distracted by the attempts to kill him.

I think Costa will start ahead of Ivan and Douglas back if fit and that will be it for changes.

This is it the schedule over Xmas is saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday. Not much different to say October the cup game is the one to rest players.

Bogey team status: Possible

Not beaten a Mick McCarthy team since August 1993.

2016/17: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: L 0-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), W 4-2 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1995/6: D 2-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1993/4: D 1-1 (H, FAC), W 2-1 (A, FAC)

Wasn’t that 2-0 over Millwall?

Seem to remember Millwall got to the play offs that season and pretty much ended our hopes with a late winner at their place in April.
Remember the numerous pitch invasion when they were getting beaten by Derby in the 2nd leg.

Regardless of the ‘tiredness’ thing the fact that we’ve scored 2 in the last 3 and been below par going forward means that it would be a good idea to bring Costa in for someone to freshen it up and keep everyone on their toes

Regardless of the ‘tiredness’ thing the fact that we’ve scored 2 in the last 3 and been below par going forward means that it would be a good idea to bring Costa in for someone to freshen it up and keep everyone on their toes

Plus I thought Costa looked really threatening in his cameo v Sheff Wed. I lost count of the number of times he got himself in to a threatening position, looked up and had no one to cross/pass to.

Personally I think we'll be right up for this one. It's the first game for the people who have invested in half season tickets, probably a sell out, against a side managed by an ex-Manager. We'll also be fresh off the back of a short break (where it seems most of the players have gone home for a well deserved rest if their Instagram profiles are anything to go by) and everyone will be wanting to put it right after a couple of lackluster performances (compared to what we've got used to).

I think we'll win comfortably.

Will this be streamed live on WolvesTV? There's no option to subscribe yet.

My first game since the 3-0 defeat to Peterborough a few Christmases ago. Hopefully a very different experience!

Back