• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Misses the point by so far he's in a different postcode, but I'm sure the PL will reward him with a favour further down the line. Looks like they want to kill it before it even gets to a vote.

From a similar article in the Times it seems most clubs are not going to vote to get rid

Misses the point by so far he's in a different postcode, but I'm sure the PL will reward him with a favour further down the line. Looks like they want to kill it before it even gets to a vote.

Not paying for the whole thing but the first few lines you can read set the tone, basically saying we’re being archaic and the PL is forward thinking.
The PL are desperate for it to be no more than a few clubs just they can look whiners and nothing else.

Liverpool not in favour of scrapping according to reports. No surprise there, expect Manchester United to be of the same mindset and that's where the power lies

Proper hit piece on Wolves here from the Times:

VAR drives clicks and prioritises the home fan, no surprise that Murdoch's rags support it.

I don’t think the club itself thinks it’ll go through at all either, but it does say fucking sort it out and improve things as it’s simply not good enough.
I genuinely think it’ll just be us and Forest who vote it out the rest won’t want to rock the boat.

VAR drives clicks and prioritises the home fan, no surprise that Murdoch's rags support it.

As said knives will be out now again can’t read what Samuel is saying but he’s usually very hard hitting.
I’m sick of hearing it just needs to be better, we were told this in 2019 that it was just teething problems.
Our stance if anything should focus minds a bit better if anything.

This vote and likely failure to abolish will have a significant impact on season ticket sales.

More so than if there hadn't been a vote at all.

What a ridiculous stance.

There are millions of things that have been invented that haven't been as good as the things they were designed to replace.

(To be fair I haven't read the article as it's behind a paywall, just the headline.)

Last edited:
Tent Peg wants to keep it as its 'fair'. Yeah, all the dodgy penalties you get and ones not given against you like ours at the beginning of the season or Newcastle's last night.

I really hope next time he, his vile club, or Thomas Frank or any others not backing this get done by VAR they keep their stupid fat gobs shut (fat chance I know).

The car Martin Samuel is talking about in relation toVAR should be Sinclair's useless C5 with no reverse gear and a polypropylene body that could easily be crumpled by a bus or a truck leaving the driver like a squashed tomato.

It's interesting that in social media whether that's fans or former players that a significant majority would get rid. Only the clubs, the PL and journalists who know what side their bread is buttered are in favour. It's not a revelation, but to me that tells you it's about self interest not what the audience wants. Now Jeff has become the face of Wolves' objections I'm more minded to think our intentions are cynical too.

It's interesting that in social media whether that's fans or former players that a significant majority would get rid. Only the clubs, the PL and journalists who know what side their bread is buttered are in favour. It's not a revelation, but to me that tells you it's about self interest not what the audience wants. Now Jeff has become the face of Wolves' objections I'm more minded to think our intentions are cynical too.
Suspect you're right about Jeff's motives, at least in part but despite that I'm glad he's come out with it, if it means something positive comes out of it then that's all good imo.
It will have no effect on people's view of Shi and Fosun, the people who think he/they are a strong on our club will continue to think so.

Back