• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Next time I am charging both cars up, cooking a (small) roast, 2 loads of washing, dishwasher whacked on, the lot

Then turning the leccy off for the rest of the day. Max benefit.

🖕

Thanks for switching on for our first Free Electricity session on Thursday 15th August. Together, you stopped 180 wind turbine's worth of clean, green power from going to waste. Pretty cool ey? And here's how you did:

You used 25p worth of Free Electricity ⚡

This may not feel like a lot, but it's just the beginning so savings could really add up. Don't miss out – sign up for future Free Electricity sessions below:

I forgot :(

Could have charged 2 cars and the battery FFS.

🖕

Thanks for switching on for our first Free Electricity session on Thursday 15th August. Together, you stopped 180 wind turbine's worth of clean, green power from going to waste. Pretty cool ey? And here's how you did:

You used 25p worth of Free Electricity ⚡

This may not feel like a lot, but it's just the beginning so savings could really add up. Don't miss out – sign up for future Free Electricity sessions below:
Show off

Keep it going lads, you might have done enough to reverse global warming in 1.3 billion years.

Half price EV charging on Monday night too.
Seems to be some kind of experiment to in future restrict cheap electricity to solely the EV. Which of course is perfectly fair, but frustrating when you’ve been able to game the system for the last few years.

This absolute wanker:

This is precisely the sort of arsehole the Landlord Selective Licensing is supposed to smoke out.

We can park the debate around the ramifications of complete Section 21 removal for the moment but there is clear evidence there as to the blatant abuse of S21 and why it’s critical it’s not allowed to continue in its current form either.

Furthermore, there are a pack of lies being told by someone. Redbridge Licences only came into force on 8th April 2024. It’s impossible he’d seen an email saying “the licences were due to expire” and “he’s in the process of renewing them”.

Fuck off, you never had them in the first place and what’s more you were leader of Redbridge Council when you introduced them!!!

I’ve been 100% behind the landlord SL’s, it’s an extremely comprehensive document with strict criteria to be met but utterly useless without enforcement.

Not a great look for a Labour MP, particularly one who was Redbridge Council Leader, but regardless of who it was, I hope they throw the book at him.

I hope he’s not had any new tenants move in after the 8th April either. The letting/managment agency would’ve know full well that was a breach of regulations.

That’s the frustrating thing with dodgy landlords, they need dodgy agents to turn a blind eye. I hope they get what’s coming to them too.

You've used £0.2 of Free Electricity so far ⚡

Here’s a breakdown of how you did:
  • On Sunday 18th August, you used no extra electricity. You used 0.27kWh during the session and based on your meter data from the previous few weeks, you'd normally have used 0.5kWh at this time.
  • On Wednesday 21st August, you used £0.03 free electricity within the hour.
  • On Saturday 31st August, you used £0.04 free electricity within the hour.

Charged my car up in the free hour last Saturday and was annoyed I only saved £1.38..

They said they couldn’t get my meter readings so gave me the average of 23p. I’ve ended up using £2 of electricity so my free electricity ended up costing me money. Decently worth plugging my car in for an hour…

Back