• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

China, the Wolves are coming...

Surely they would just slash the prices to try and fill the stadium?

They would likely recoup the lost gate receipts through the increased Chinese revenue

If they want to "sell" us to the public in China, then empty seats will not help. They need a full Stadium when showing our games.

Looking forward to the ticket policy under Fosun for next Season

Why the hell was he asked about Fosun selling Wolves FFS?!

It would have been a reasonable question had they not spent the sums they did in the window, as there is a history of investment firms spotting a perceived bargain of a club and looking to flip it for a quick profit having done minimal work (that is their raison d'être, after all). It's exactly what GFH tried to do at Leeds. However as they've already sunk a significant portion of cash into transfers the issue is already moot, they quite obviously aren't looking to do that.

A full stadium is a marginal gain for us, both in terms of atmosphere on the day and in attracting players, no-one really likes playing in a 60% full ground. As a commercial enterprise then it's great that we're looking at this option (as you say exposure for sponsors would be a huge thing) but it isn't an either/or situation. Get the overseas fanbase up, fine. But we also need to work at getting 25k+ into Molineux every fortnight, ticketing has been an issue for longer than I care to remember and we're quite clearly at a price point where people aren't going to be tempted back unless we find ourselves top of the league.

Apparently when we do the 4 for £40 offer you can ring up and ask for 2 for £20 at the same time.
Never knew this, have never seen it advertised at all.
Now last week i sat in the north bank and paid £37 for me and the lad..to say i was pissed off after finding out about the £20 thing is an understatement.

Also dont get me started on sticking kids in the top tier of the north bank.
How some of those kids didnt break their necks going up and down those stairs ill never know, its way way too steep for small kids up there.

Families should be put in the bottom of the SB stand and away fans in the North Bank, which in turn would generate some additional atmosphere.

Wolves have done some things right this year like being able to redeem your vouchers online for memberships and allowing the 4 for £40 to be purchased online.

Onto the Wolfpack member thing, our lad has already used his 3 matches on his membership thing which saved me £16 on his match tickets....(£20 join up instead of £36
in match tickets)
Whats to stop me buying another wolfpack under a pretend name and saving another £16??....i just think £12 for 12yrs+ is just too dear and also pricing the SB
the same as the BW is wrong (that is, if we HAVE to have different prices in different stands)
Most other clubs price kids up to the age of 13 not 12 and even attractions do this too, why wolves dont seem to seperate kids/teenagers is strange.

Still seems cheap to me...

Still seems cheap to me...

Alan,
I was going to football with mates at 12 and affording paying in,
programmes,bus tickets and pop & suck (candy) on my pocket money.
34 years later and im afraid (on my meagre earnings) pocket money hasnt followed
football inflation...
id have to be giving the lad £20+ to have the same day out...cant afford that.

Just dont see why ticket prices jump from £5-£8-£12 for preeteens.

Alan,
I was going to football with mates at 12 and affording paying in,
programmes,bus tickets and pop & suck (candy) on my pocket money.
34 years later and im afraid (on my meagre earnings) pocket money hasnt followed
football inflation...
id have to be giving the lad £20+ to have the same day out...cant afford that.

Just dont see why ticket prices jump from £5-£8-£12 for preeteens.

tongue in cheek, mate, though I have done the math and you lot still pay less for 23 home games than we here pay for 8 home NFL games (on average).

NFL is a much better value for money, longer experience and family friendly day out though, than a couple of hours down the Molineux.

For a start the games last 3-3.5 hours, you're allowed to drink in your seats. Fans mingle together and don't fight.

Plus you can get there a couple of hours before kickoff and tailgate on the parking lots. For people who don't know what Tailgating is, you have a barbecue out of the boot of your car with all the other fans all together. Some people even get there at 6-7am for a 2pm kickoff and make a day of it.

The downside being that you have to sit through an American Football match, of course.

And that it last 3 to 3.5 hours.

I'm not sure how it would work but there is a downloadable app called PPTV which is a TV channel in China which I used to use and watch when I lived there, it broadcasts a lot of foreign football. I could be very wrong but there is a chance our games might be shown on the app or chinese TV, in which case we might be able to watch them for free through the app, this is all conjecture, of course.

It will very much be possible for all of us to watch streams when the time comes. I use a a paid sports stream service and some very random games pop up. Even if there are regional restrictions a VPN will sort that in a Jiffy. Very exciting news for me I can't get to as many games as I used to and I miss it so much.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back