• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton Albion (H) build up 10/9

Ugh, I was at that game. Their players hadn't been paid in 2 months or something and we were expected to muller them.
We were utter shite that day.

I was walking back to the Western afterwards with Kenny and DW and all their fans (including the delightful gimp with the bell) were being corralled. I approached them and offered my congratulations on their victory and first points of the season.

A policeman asked me if I would mind awfully just fucking off.

Much hilarity for everyone in earshot bar me.

Was the Dichio goal in the game that ended QPR's stupid run without an away win? (something like over a year?)

Was the Dichio goal in the game that ended QPR's stupid run without an away win? (something like over a year?)

Nah, this was the 1-1 at the start of 96/97 (we looked bloody good and I was convinced McGhee was on to something....wrong).

Lost to them at the start of 98/99 which might be the one you're thinking of.

The Sol Bamba wonder strike away at Leeds last season...

Games around that time are just a jumbled mess in my head

One fewer attending tomorrow - Team Langers was 3 but due to illness is now down to 2. :(

Anyone in the Western tomorrow about half twelve time I met a few off here

Yes mate. We've met before in there anyway!

Was that the Dichio goal that was one of those only once in a career type goals?

I should be there between 12.30 and 1 along with Micro, who is very aptly named as he is now nearly as tall as me.

I was walking back to the Western afterwards with Kenny and DW and all their fans (including the delightful gimp with the bell) were being corralled. I approached them and offered my congratulations on their victory and first points of the season.

A policeman asked me if I would mind awfully just fucking off.

Much hilarity for everyone in earshot bar me.

Their fans were quite scummy that day actually. Wolf Hunting and I arrived at Wolves train station on the same train as loads of them, the Police were waiting with cameras etc, so we all made our way up the main street and outside every pub, their fans would give it the big 'I am' in the door to goad the Wolves fans drinking inside. They seemed intent on having a ruck with someone. We sat in the corner of the Steve Bull, they were in the South Bank, the Steve Bull side, and they spent the whole match asking people outside for fights.

I don't envy the British Transport Police, thats for sure.

THEN $#@!ING OPEN THE REST OF THE $#@!ING NORTH BANK......jesus.

Im in the John Ireland Tomorrow and its horrible underneath when thats more than 3/4 full.

Which stand are you in tomorrow PTA? ;)

One fewer attending tomorrow - Team Langers was 3 but due to illness is now down to 2. :(

Yes mate. We've met before in there anyway!

Ok see you and paddy in there for a couple before going up town

Looking forward to seing which of the 2 teams Walter reckons he has got now that he puts on the pitch tomorrow

Hopefully Saiss & Cavaleiro are up to speed & we get to see what they can bring to the party

Saiss and Bodvarsson will miss out I reckon. Both on international duty.

He doesn't mind using Bod in League Cup games, I don't think it'll have any impact with him particularly. He should have been back by Wednesday at latest, if he's fit I expect him to play.

Not sure on Saiss, he was listed in the Morocco squad but when the official site did their round up of who was away, he wasn't named and he definitely didn't feature in either game.

Ah cool. What about Iorfa/Hause/CBJ?

He didn't have Gladon to back up Bodvarsson last time though. Might be tempted to start him up top with Mason.

He didn't have Gladon to back up Bodvarsson last time though. Might be tempted to start him up top with Mason.

Mason clearly needs someone else with him, & is more useful when he has that so either is a benefit to him.

Might be beneficial to see what Gladon brings as know nothing about him. Bodvarsson on the bench to take over if he's no good as we know already what the latter can do.

These aren't friendlies though, they're games we need to win. If Gladon has shown enough in training or Bod really isn't able to play then fine, but otherwise the former can wait until we're two or three goals up in a game, or the League Cup game, or if there's an injury. Not a fan of messing around with selections like that in important games, pick the best players and worry about the rest later.

These aren't friendlies though, they're games we need to win. If Gladon has shown enough in training or Bod really isn't able to play then fine, but otherwise the former can wait until we're two or three goals up in a game, or the League Cup game, or if there's an injury. Not a fan of messing around with selections like that in important games, pick the best players and worry about the rest later.

Agree - but as Mason can't play (succesfully) up front on his own then someone else in there helps his game

If Bodvarsson is fit to go then he should start, if not then would accept Gladon being given a chance

Back