• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Besiktas Away Europa League

Were playing like we are reliant on 2 unproven 19 year olds to offer at least something in an attacking sense. Unfortunately they are playing like unproven 19 year olds.

Too passive again, lucky to not be behind given they hit the post from a shot Rui wasn't saving

Sorry lads. I know this will upset a few, but that was a poor first half. We’ve offered zero threat. The front three look like strangers and completely ineffective. We were lucky not to concede when they hit the post.

We need to improve massively after the break if we want to get anything from this.

Braga are 1 up against Bratislava at half time, FYI

-edit- never mind, it's 1-1

Besiktas look pap. This is a big opportunity that we might well regret if we don't take it.

Wank. Shit passing, no urgency, MGW and Neto in a different postcode to Raul, offering next to nothing when they do get the ball. Raul looks like he's wearing boots made out of cement.

Until the last minutes we were defensively sound. That's all I've got.

These have got mistakes in them, show some fucking aggression and cause them.

We've offered nothing going forward. Apparently Besiktas are averaging two goals conceded a game so our lack of ambition is fairly damning so far.

At first I thought there must be something tactical at play with how backwards our passing has been, but I'm starting to think we're just short of ideas.

Doesn't look like we've overcome our inability to deal with a packed defense.

Prescription: Needs more Traore. And possibly a sprinkling of Cutrone.

Lack of ambition and quality in the final third against a team that are leaking goals. They don't look like scoring either, it's a terrible game tbh, but we're better than this.

Absolute shite. Not a shot, never mind a shot on target. Besiktas are about as good as Luton. Bloody well attack them for Christ's sake. Just put Cutrone and Traore on a HT and try and win the fucking game

Very subdued half from us.

There is space out wide but no-one to take advantage. Needs a Traore as realistically he's not someone we should play at Man City.

(PS - thanks SLA re suggestion of the Sovereign. Reasonable enough & the Match on)

Definitely one for the purists.
Just think we are biding our time, they aint nothing special.
Id defo be having a player run down the keeper cos hes a
Bombscare.

Adama on. Maybe we’ll actually have a shot on target in the second half.

Were playing like we are reliant on 2 unproven 19 year olds to offer at least something in an attacking sense. Unfortunately they are playing like unproven 19 year olds.

I don't think this is fair. The tactics tonight are way too negative. Too deep defensively with no pace in posession.

Nuno has this wrong tonight and I hope he ups the pace in the second half and lets the two 19 year-olds who are very good when allowed to play to actually play. It's a theme this season and I hope it changes.

Some people have their wish and AT is on, sadly for Neto not MGW.

Back