• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley (H) build up 13/09

Wasn't he training on the pitch with the other unused players after the game yesterday?

Fuck me, 'our season starts here' died a quick death didn't it. Not on here but they're already moaning on molmix/twitter etc.

Can we please, please give this team time. Just this once?

Based on what I've read about yesterday I would play Price and Mason for Tex and Costa, use these 2 as impact subs in the second half. Could see Iorfa at right back and Doherty over to left back happening also.

14184410_1733885853528280_3898604775925612945_n.jpg

Fuck me, 'our season starts here' died a quick death didn't it. Not on here but they're already moaning on molmix/twitter etc.

Some fans won't do this. If we don't win we were shit, if Zenga doesn't play the team you want he's shit, if a player play in a way you don't like he's shit. This will always be the case whether we are top of the Premier League or bottom of league 2. Most fans take what they see at face value and don't or refuse to look at any other ideas.

I think 90 minutes yesterday for CBJ and Costa will rule them out of Tuesday night. Zenga will look after these players currently until they get match fit. I'd be surprised if Cavaleiro started too. Zenga to change shape slighty to 4231 is highly likely with Mason and Bodvarsson both to start centrally for his winnable home game.

Only changes I would make is Bod for Gladon and Iorfa for Doherty

I know Walter has talked about rotation, but he can save that for the Newcastle Cup game. If we want Costa, Tex etc to settle into this Division, they need games. Not 20 mins here and there.

Only changes I would make is Bod for Gladon and Iorfa for Doherty

I know Walter has talked about rotation, but he can save that for the Newcastle Cup game. If we want Costa, Tex etc to settle into this Division, they need games. Not 20 mins here and there.

You'd start them all in 3 games this week whilst not match fit? Surely risking an injury or two to key players?

Costa and Tex are fit enough. They have been involved in enough games to be considered match fit.

Some fans won't do this. If we don't win we were shit, if Zenga doesn't play the team you want he's shit, if a player play in a way you don't like he's shit. This will always be the case whether we are top of the Premier League or bottom of league 2. Most fans take what they see at face value and don't or refuse to look at any other ideas.

I had a text before the game yesterday saying something along the lines of '7 changes, think Zenga has been told to play the expensive signings or he'll be sacked'. Can't win with some fans.

Costa and Tex are fit enough. They have been involved in enough games to be considered match fit.

Agree but they're not used to playing Sat/Tues/Sat. They only have 30 league games a season in Portugal.

Not surprised TBH.

The atmosphere yesterday was good though - the crowd stayed with the team and they were great after we scored. It's clear we've some very good footballers - especially for this level. It's not going to happen straightaway though - patience has hardly been in abundance with some sections of our support.

Tex had cramp after 55 mins. That's criminally unfit. He won't be playing on Tuesday.

CBJ should be fine. I'd drop Tex, Gladon and Doherty and play Iorfa Bod and Price

I'd rather see Saiss behind Oniangue and Coady - who looked to have a decent partnership forging in the 2nd half.

No idea how 'ready' Saiss is though.

Given he didn't make the 18 I have assumed he will not be ready to start

Don't they have Miners and coal on their badge?

Back