• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NSFW Amusing/Interesting/Thought Provoking Video + Picture Thread

What's this 'technical drawing' of?

this

633814_606411.jpg

It looks like some 5 year old's attempt at drawing a rocket.

I'm losing interest in modern architecture, it just doesn't really do it for me, give me some old rugged looking building instead, like this...

JAW-AHL-0001_Jestico__whiles_Andels_hotel_lodz_Poland_warehouse_conversion.jpg

...and old factory in a fairly horrible, industrial city in Poland, now converted into a very nice hotel.

It looks like some 5 year old's attempt at drawing a rocket.

I'm losing interest in modern architecture, it just doesn't really do it for me, give me some old rugged looking building instead, like this...

...and old factory in a fairly horrible, industrial city in Poland, now converted into a very nice hotel.

Nice and Mark that's not my drawing that's a real hotel in North Korea.

Anyway back on thread someone post a funny picture please.

Nice and Mark that's not my drawing that's a real hotel in North Korea.

Anyway back on thread someone post a funny picture please.

Think it's fair to say i'd already made that very safe assumption James.

James drew a picture of a witches hat and a few boxes of rice krispies. He'll probably get a star for it - it was very good.

Point of order: you can't strictly speaking call it a hotel as it's never been opened. And obviously although information is sketchy regarding what you can get out of North Korea, what they are completing now is not going to be a hotel either. One because it would never be used and two because it's not structurally sound enough to be used for that purpose.

Point of order: you can't strictly speaking call it a hotel as it's never been opened. And obviously although information is sketchy regarding what you can get out of North Korea, what they are completing now is not going to be a hotel either. One because it would never be used and two because it's not structurally sound enough to be used for that purpose.

So, in reality, it's just some shit, oversized, pointless, monument?

So, in reality, it's just some shit, oversized, pointless, monument?

It's a monument to famine, if you like. It sat just rusting away for the best part of 20 years while the country starved.

They used to airbrush it out of official photos of Pyongyang.

It's a monument to famine, if you like. It sat just rusting away for the best part of 20 years while the country starved.

They used to airbrush it out of official photos of Pyongyang.

They still should airbrush it out, as Langers said, it's fucking hideous.

I just read a quick bit about it, apparently the main structure was finished over 20 years ago but then the Country was broke so, as you say, they just left it for years doing nothing but have now got around to applying some horrible glass skin to it, hopefully it'll flop and they'll just tear it down.

North Korea fascinates me. It's the mind control thing I think, the way they've got an entire nation to almost universally accept absolutely wholesale everything they say or do. Plus of course the batshit mental stories that they used to make up about Kim Jong-Il, like him completing a round of golf scoring a hole in one on all 18 holes. On his first ever go.

Anyway I'll leave you lot to your pictures of bears falling over now. :)

You'd think there'd be some people out there questioning it, like how hard would it be for a couple of lads to get some golf clubs, realise it's fucking difficult and then have their doubts? I suppose after generations of that sort of shit that it just becomes engrained in their minds though, they'll have been educated that way through school, they'll come home to parents thinking that way, all the controlled media and whatever else is feeding them the same bullshit, still mental to think that they've seemingly managed to wipe all independant thought from an entire nation though, millions of people just nodding in agreement.

Mmmm. Could make an interesting thread. I'll start it tomorrow if I remember.

Well the dubbed 'hotel of doom' stood like this for 17 years because of a lack of money.

ryugyong-hotel.jpg

JAW-AHL-0001_Jestico__whiles_Andels_hotel_lodz_Poland_warehouse_conversion.jpg

Looks exactly like a mill near where I used to live which was an old factory in a fairly horrible, industrial city in Stockport, now waiting to be converted into a very nice hotel

Back