• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Derby 3, Verdict Thread.

ROVERT47

ACTUAL PROPER ITK
Reaction score
Relegation fodder first half, second showed that Lambert will at least have something to work with.

It's like groundhog day, appalling first half followed by a spirited second half, that must have happened in at least half of our matches this season. We do have flair and goals in the team but as long as we keep conceding silly goals and going behind match after match not much will change. I would take a few Jackett'esc 0-0 draws to give the defence a bit more confidence, they seem shot at the moment.

Lamberts first 2 jobs are to tighten up the defence and work out why the heck we can't play until after half time.

It's like groundhog day, appalling first half followed by a spirited second half, that must have happened in at least half of our matches this season. We do have flair and goals in the team but as long as we keep conceding silly goals and going behind match after match not much will change. I would take a few Jackett'esc 0-0 draws to give the defence a bit more confidence, they seem shot at the moment.

Lamberts first 2 jobs are to tighten up the defence and work out why the heck we can't play until after half time.

Exactly what I expect to see, a few 1-0's and 0-0's and the first name on Lambert's first team sheet will be Dave Edwards, sorry.

Loneghan MOTM. If it wasnt for him we would have lost 2-6, 2-7 etc etc.

Booing of Danny Batth from the so called best fans in the world was a disgrace..

Danny Batth is the new Roger Johnson.

Probably melodramatic but I'm properly over Batth being personally responsible for a goal every fucking game. Sit him down, get him out, I don't care, I just want to send him a message that his performances of late will not be accepted.

Danny Batth is the new Roger Johnson.

Probably melodramatic but I'm properly over Batth being personally responsible for a goal every fucking game. Sit him down, get him out, I don't care, I just want to send him a message that his performances of late will not be accepted.

He isn't the new anything. He's just not good enough. He's got zero positional sense, he gets caught under the ball too often, he's slow and he hoofs the fucking ball too much, fuck off hoofing it you fucking clown.

You would probably boo him like the brain dead Southbank..

Well the problem is quite a simple one. He really isn't very good.

As bad as DB is at times you sing and boo on your own too southbank. Direwolves first half second half was much more like it, but still too little to late, can't keep going behind. Great ref again too.

Im so want to smack Doherty round the head, because he cant defend but on the other hand plays some sublime stuff coming forward... Remember the Lee Naylor can he play on the left wing talk, maybe maybe Doherty can play on the right ;-)

To do that he needs to play the following at the back

Lonergan
Doherty Stearman Hause Silvio.

CBJ on the bench

Coady and Saiss holding

Costa Edwards Cav

Dicko

That first half was about as bad as it could ever be! Bod needs a rest. Iorfa and Batth were awful from the first kick. DB has no positional sense at all and his form has dipped after a promising start. Edwards has been awesome! Doherty had a better second half. Cav looks quality. Saville Wallace are another 2 who should not play many more games for us. Roll on January

Hopefully Lambert coming in will also mean a complete change in a good percentage, if not all, of the coaching staff. They simply aren't good enough either. We have to change something because we can't change the players until January. In the second half we actually put the attacking together and Cav and Edwards were brilliant, a better timed header and Dicko may have scored as well but first have everyone was completely anonymous. They had no clue what to do and couldn't even pass the ball to another Wolves player. For me that starts with a coaching change and continues with more player changes in January.

You would probably boo him like the brain dead Southbank..

It's one thing for the fans to boo at the first sign of trouble, but if they're booing him after a solid two months of unacceptable defending then I can't really fault them.

Lonergan - Awful kicking, led to the first goal. Some great saves in both halves to keep the score down, and keep us in the game

Doherty - Actually looked pretty good going forward, took up some good positions. Defensively however again poor, fails to closedown or block crosses, is constantly caught out by balls over the top on his side.

Iorfa - confidence looks shot. Don't see him as a centre-half, poor in the air, poor with the ball at his feet, constantly giving the ball away. Atrocious positioning for the second goal. Looked like he had more than 1 mistake in him.

Batth - Another that needs replacing in January. Poor positionally, poor in the air, always stands too far off his man. One thing I have noticed in the last couple of games is that his distribution has improved. Quite a few occasions against Blackburn and today of him spreading the play with long passes to the wings.

CBJ - Another who needs to take some blame today, dropped way too deep to keep Bent onside for the second goal. Looks very casual on the ball, leading to errors. Like Doherty, gets caught out with ball over the top on his flank.

Coady - Lots of effort, ran about a lot and collected the ball from the back but did little with it.

Edwards - Impressed with Edwards, always closing down, harrying opponents. Took his goal well. Difficult one with Edwards as I don't mind him in the side when he's scoring goals as he is a threat, difficulty is where to play him. Can't play him in the hole as he has zero creativity and can't play him in a midfield two as we would get over-run.

Teixiera - Like the rest of the midfield offered very little in the first-half, and was made the scapegoat for the defences failings when withdrawn after half an hour. Looked distraught and his confidence will now be shot. Doubt we will ever see the best of him from now on. RE must carry the can for this.

Costa - Little impact first half, looked more dangerous second half and took his goal well. Final ball still needs to improve.

Cavaleiro - First half see Costa. Our best player second half. Exciting, a constant threat, dangerous balls into box, assist for Edwards goal. Worked hard tracking back all game also, unlucky with Ince penalty. MOTM

Bodvarsson - Works hard but little service, and the service he did get he usually wasted. We looked much better when Dicko came on and would like to see Bod benched for a few games after international break.

Saville - Not the answer, will never be the answer. Should be nowhere near our side. Can't remember him doing anything of note.

Dicko - Looked busy and got amongst the Derby defense. Caused them some worry, would like to see him get a run of games.

Wallace - Can only remember him touching the ball once, which was giving it away.

Few twats round by me who I'd never seen before booing Batth. Hopefully they won't bother coming again.

It's one thing for the fans to boo at the first sign of trouble, but if they're booing him after a solid two months of unacceptable defending then I can't really fault them.
Erm... What????

He's a Wolves player. Booing your own players is an absolute disgrace - no matter how poor they're playing. I was fuming at the fucking morons who booed him. They should stay at home.

Overall we were shit today. Could have been out of sight at half time. We need a totally new back 4 and a new keeper. And ideally stop gifting early goals so we're not on the back foot so early.

Our centre backs just aren't good enough with the ball (Except Stears - who isn't good enough defensively). Also the confidence for all of our centre half's is absolutely zero. Partly due to no chance of a partnership being allowed to develop.by Zenga and partly due to ability.

Having watched the game and the highlights, I'm stunned the Cavaleiro penalty wasn't given, it was more clear cut than the Ince pen shout.

Shout out to Jed Wallace who did fuck all and fucked off the pitch instead of clapping the fans like the rest of the team.

Could easily have 4 or 5 at HT.

Defence are shockingly poor. Amazed Silvio can't make the side.

Decision to swap Tex was a disgraceful one. Whatever the question is, George Saville is not the answer.

Positives - Cav, Costa, Dicko, Edwards. Lonergan gave a goal away but kept the score respectable.

If you are only going to play for one half of the game - please make it the first

Get a couple of goals up & you might have a chance of holding out

(Conversly you could try playing well in both halves - just a thought)

Back