• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

The board won't care unless we go down. By which time it'll be too late.

That’s my point I’ve made earlier they think it’s all ok because it’s all been a bit cosy this season without understanding how dangerously close our position could be in.

In game I get on anything fine half time it’s a no go. I’m on O2 so they’re notorious for being crap.

In game I get on anything fine half time it’s a no go. I’m on O2 so they’re notorious for being crap.
I just get zero data for the entirety whatsoever on mine with O2. Really annoying.

Reactive, not proactive.

Dan's point about Palace as them being a comparable club is a really good one.

Enso had a good 10 minutes that is all I can gleam from that wankfest.

First game of the season I’ve managed to get to, and my first live VAR experience.

Firstly, have to say north bank is very smart, atleast in comparison to the rest of the stands. Aware it’s hardly new, but my first experience in there.

On the performance, first half really poor. Lots of the ball to start with but did absolutely nothing with it. Could’ve been two down by the time they’ve scored. So easy to play against when playing 3 defensive minded midfielders. First half Cunha was bloody awful.

2nd half started brighter, good goal (not sure why Lino is flagging, aren’t they meant to keep flag down unless it’s miles off). Hwang then with golden chance to make it 2-2. Easier to score than miss. Shit goal to concede, great offside trap by our skipper 🙄

Season ending with a wimper. A fair few concerns with the downward trajectory. We are still dead easy to play against when we have more of the ball and can’t rely on our counter. Crying out for a focal point up top when we have lots of the ball.

Comfortably 2nd best today. Palace front 3 all looked very good.

On the Hwang chance, their defender got a touch on it that took it slightly away from him. Possibly still could have scored, but it was a good bit of defending by Clyne.
Fairs haven’t watched it back. Couldn’t see a touch from the heavens of the north bank just looked like a sitter

Just out of interest, if we finish 14th which i fully expect us to do, how much league position money have we lost from being 8th?

It doesn't matter to them, it's not about operating profit.

Spend as little as possible, rely on promoted clubs plus one other keeping us away from the shit, and if we're ever dragged in then spend in Jan.

It works until it doesn't, and then when it doesn't, the place is in such a fucking state that a bounce back is unlikely.

They wouldn't sell on relegation until the parachute money is done on the off chance we get promoted again and their asset value is back.

Three years in the champ and they'll just fuck us off for £50m or so just to get some cash in and a pointless headache gone.

I wonder how much Brereton Diaz cost Sheff Utd and how many more points (and Wembley appearances) we'd have achieved with him onboard...

Back