• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Will Leicester City win the premier league?

Will Leicester City win the Premier League?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters
will there be another Leicester next season that I can bet on?? I mean midtable or just below that can go all the way?

I think Spurs will be the wise bet for the title. They will probably still be longer odds than the Manchester clubs and Arsenal, and that squad is sweet. Of the others, West Ham and Southampton could have some value. Otherwise I really doubt there will be anything comparable. I would also be very surprised if even the most unlikely winners will be quoted at over 1,000 to 1 after this season.

Bah, this season is a one off, Leicester caught the big boys with their arrogant pants down, can't see it happening next season.

Bah, this season is a one off, Leicester caught the big boys with their arrogant pants down, can't see it happening next season.
This assumes Leicester will massively squander their windfall of prize and UCL money.

I think Leicester city will finish mid table next season, but possibly win a domestic cup competition.

Chelsea could be a decent bet next year.

Conte has quite the re-build to carry out, but he has a history of getting success, and I am bloody certain that Abramovic is going to spunk well over £100 million this summer, probably over £200m with the TV money.

10f46f1a7870bac0295df03da2a89c9b.jpg

A friend of mine who supports Leicester said last night he hopes Tottenham best Chelsea, so that Leicester can win the title at home against Everton. That is what I call confidence.

It will be nice if us Leicester backers are proved right. The hammers might be worth a punt for next season.

Really pleased for Leicester. Well done. Shame for my hope spurs but well at least I voted against the big 4. Next season should be interesting. Leicester for the champions league? Stranger things have happened.

Pleased for Leicester, but just shows how poor we have been - we could have been doing what thay have

I'm delighted for them and delighted for Ranieri. Oh how everyone laughed when they appointed him

Pleased for Leicester, but just shows how poor we have been - we could have been doing what thay have
Only if we'd been taken over by mega-rich owners who were willing to write off £40m of debt.

Maybe in the future.

I'm delighted for them and delighted for Ranieri. Oh how everyone laughed when they appointed him

Understandably so though really, presided over a home defeat to the Faroe Islands with Greece, managed a lot of big clubs after Chelsea but realistically failed at all of them, other than a little spell at Parma hadn't been involved in a relegation battle (which Leicester were expected to be in) for a very long time, the last one was Atletico Madrid when it was pretty much his fault they went down and that was back in the late 90s. Of course a lot of people have been proven wrong, I don't think anyone dislikes the bloke because he's evidently one of the good guys and always has been, but on the face of it, it wasn't an appointment that made a lot of sense.

If Wolves sacked Kenny Jackett this summer and appointed say, Steve Coppell, no-one would really consider that to be a good appointment, yesterday's man, not done a lot for many years. He might then go on to take us up but that wouldn't mean the concerns at the time of his hiring were wrong.

Understandably so though really, presided over a home defeat to the Faroe Islands with Greece, managed a lot of big clubs after Chelsea but realistically failed at all of them, other than a little spell at Parma hadn't been involved in a relegation battle (which Leicester were expected to be in) for a very long time, the last one was Atletico Madrid when it was pretty much his fault they went down and that was back in the late 90s. Of course a lot of people have been proven wrong, I don't think anyone dislikes the bloke because he's evidently one of the good guys and always has been, but on the face of it, it wasn't an appointment that made a lot of sense.

If Wolves sacked Kenny Jackett this summer and appointed say, Steve Coppell, no-one would really consider that to be a good appointment, yesterday's man, not done a lot for many years. He might then go on to take us up but that wouldn't mean the concerns at the time of his hiring were wrong.

Indeed. I include myself in the original comment. I have always really liked Ranieri but never seen him as a winner so I too was a bit bemused when they appointed him as were most of the Leicester fans too. I am so pleased for him, one of the nicest, most genuine men in the game though the bar is rather low

Back