• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

They've a funny way of showing they want him with his whole 7 league starts.
Manager there has already said he feels his lack of preseason and injuries meant he arrived not fit enough to play as often as he wanted. Wants to get him in for preseason and he will have player he knows.

On players like this, it's a bit of good news that someone rates him as either way he goes. If its back to Spain its likely to be a loan though.

Assuming the amort period on Silva was extended in line with his contract extension he'll still be in the June books at c £11m. The forecast must presume a year's amort (c£5.5m) + his wages. If they're still fretting over profit they'd have to sell for c £5.5m at a minimum to avoid an extra profit hit over amort.
Whether amortisation can be extended or not was something I was never really sure off. It can’t since the Chelsea debacle after they changed the rules so makes things easier moving forward.

So it might be that there is only £7m left, which means that any sale can bring down that forecasted hit. But theyll 100% loan him out again to drag the saga on some more

Charlotte have somehow conned a club into bidding actual money for Enzo Copetti, and we got money from a top flight Spanish side for Kamil fuckin' Jozwiak (he of the infamous "4 shots on target in 2 seasons" stat line), so...

Clubs are morons and there's always a chance someone will be dumb enough to pay money for Guedes, is my point.

Podence, yes

Guedes no unless he found a degree of desire to put the Wolves shirt on

Guedes vs Gillingham tells you everything you need to know about him.

Well that and his rubbish career where he hardly ever scores more than 5 a season.

Just 2 years, 2 months to go for Silva chat...

I remember feeling very relieved when Doc left that we’d never have to have the same circular arguments ever again.

Good player if you do your scouting based on fantasy points, less so based on watching football, the kid can't defend. I presume he'd be the RAN replacement if he were to go.

Last edited:
He'll be useful for us in the Championship

Thought we might look at Doughty. Can play either side, can play full back or wing back, or even in midfield. Loves an assist too. I’d prefer it if he were replacing Doc rather than Hugo, though.

If we’re looking at Luton players, if we could get Carlton Morris for a low-ish fee it would be worth doing.

The fact I’m even considering that shows where we are with Fosun now. Christ!

Barkley is the only footballer of any merit in the entire Luton squad, rest are just cloggers giddy on their big day out in the Prem. Although Chong does look to have a bit more about him these days than I remember him showing as a kid at United.

Big interest in Alfie Doughty from us, now they are confirmed relegated.
Makes Ryan Giles defending look like prime Ashley Cole.

And if you think Doherty ambles back, he's got nothing on this kid.

Hopefully this belongs in the same bin as your info on Brownhill and Sargent. And if this is direct from a scout I would suggest that we need new scouts.

Back