• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I thought there was an option for Olympiakos to buy Podence for £5M?

There's absolutely no way we get £15M for Silva.
Not sure about Podence. I can't remember.

As I said I was being very generous. Maybe if Sporting sell Gyökeres they might take a punt on him to try and get him scoring and increase his value again. Or possibly Porto might want to take him home for similar reasons.

Not sure about Podence. I can't remember.

As I said I was being very generous. Maybe if Sporting sell Gyökeres they might take a punt on him to try and get him scoring and increase his value again. Or possibly Porto might want to take him home for similar reasons.
Sporting recruit pretty sensibly, can't see them going for Silva. It'd be such a massive downgrade from Gyö.

Not sure on Porto as they've got a new president and it's not clear wether Conceição is going to be there next year as well.

He's failed at a similar size club in a poorer league they aren't charity cases. If they are looking for a reclamation project it'd be a loan or a free when his contract expires. The only way we get money for him is if Mendes pushes him on to one of his clubs/the Saudis

I think we just need to cut our losses with Fabio, it’s becoming a bit of a circus with him now. A move back to Portugal to a mid table side would suit him well.
Just put it down as a failed investment.
He’s just never going to be good enough at PL or championship level.

I'd have thought an absolute maximum would be 10m each for Silva and Guedes, probably nearer 8m.

Someone on the facebook groups described Hobbs work over the last 12 months as “stellar”

I think we just need to cut our losses with Fabio, it’s becoming a bit of a circus with him now. A move back to Portugal to a mid table side would suit him well.
Just put it down as a failed investment.
He’s just never going to be good enough at PL or championship level.
He’s not been up to SPL level either by the clips on social media

Someone on the facebook groups described Hobbs work over the last 12 months as “stellar”
The guy sure did stellar work checking off all the tourist spots in PTS' travel guide for the majority of last summer and all of this January.

I'd have thought an absolute maximum would be 10m each for Silva and Guedes, probably nearer 8m.
Having watched Silva, nobody is paying for him.

Lyndon Dykes cost QPR £2m having had a good season in Scotland, Fabio hasn't had a good season and isn't as good as Dykes.

Personally I'd sell Guedes for €15m to Villarreal and buy Brereton-Diaz for €15m from Villarreal. Win win for everybody.

No one will pay money for Fabio, he's doesn't solve any problems and his ego will cause problems

He'll leave here on a free and drift into obscurity, on a similar trajectory to Adam proudlock

Assuming the amort period on Silva was extended in line with his contract extension he'll still be in the June books at c £11m. The forecast must presume a year's amort (c£5.5m) + his wages. If they're still fretting over profit they'd have to sell for c £5.5m at a minimum to avoid an extra profit hit over amort.

We'd prob need c £11m for Guedes to avoid a hit over his amort charge.

Those values would only create incremental book profit (over forecast) from avoided wages.

It's more than that for Guedes. £27m on a five year deal in 2022. So just over £16m required to "break even".

A moot point as no-one will want him as he is shit.

A moot point as no-one will want him as he is shit.
Not true though is it.

Agree no one will pay £16m for him, unless Jorge pulls a Saudi rabbit out of his hat but he will still find a club happy to cover his wages for a season. His current club have already said they want him back next season.

Show the man that has moved around for approx £100m in transfer fees some respect*

*The not serious bit of the post.

They've a funny way of showing they want him with his whole 7 league starts.

Back