• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
New fixtures = new threads

May as well start it off with idle speculation about which Premier League manager will be first to leave. I'll go for Pulis, I can see Berahino being sold and him chucking the toys after Peace doesn't allow him to spend it all on eight mutant centre halves.

Steve Bruce. Seems to be on thin ice in terms of his relationship with the board. Poor start and he will be rolled out of town.

Pulis has supposedly been discussing a new contract this summer. I can see him re-signing.

Bruce is a good shout. Watford have a tough start so if they lose all of them their Mazzarri will be on thin ice quickly.

Seems that Stuart McCall is on his way back to Bradford.

Hopefully they've got a suit that fits him unlike his previous job.

JS59137758.jpg

Jorge Sampaoli is the new manager of Sevilla, he signed a 2 year contract and turned down an offer to coach Paraguay.

Semi-obscure 90s Leeds midfielder Bruno Ribeiro is the new Port Vale manager. Odd one.

The Mirror is claiming that Giggs is going to leave United to manage Forest.

I had been thinking, since about January, that it would make a lot of sense for Giggs to try and get some experience managing somewhere else before he inevitably gets offered the United job properly, but I'm not sure whether Mourinho arriving makes that more or less likely. More likely because who'd want to work under that ego? But also less likely, because he seems to be a keen student, and the chance to watch and see how Jose does things might be worth another season or two in the background.

But then, even if does leave, Forest? No chance, surely. (And goes without saying he'd be a dream replacement for Jackett...)

Why would he? He might be another Roy Keane or Paul Ince. I don't get all the talk about Giggs managing United, he is an unknown quantity and may prove to be decent but by the same token may be bloody woeful. The United job is huge and to quote Mr Moxey, no job for a novice. Giggs should work his way up like anyone else

Why would he? He might be another Roy Keane or Paul Ince. I don't get all the talk about Giggs managing United, he is an unknown quantity and may prove to be decent but by the same token may be bloody woeful. The United job is huge and to quote Mr Moxey, no job for a novice. Giggs should work his way up like anyone else
Bruce, Keane and Robson all took jobs elsewhere before their inevitable succession of Ferguson....all are still waiting.

Reports today that the FA have held 'secret' talks with Brendan Rodgers about replacing Roy Hodgson

our media are a fucking disgrace at times

When reading further it actually means they held talks a while back prior to Rodgers taking the Celtic job so not much of a story apart from the timing of releasing it

I was expecting Pellegrini to be appointed as manager at Southampton, but the club are denying it.

Philippe Montanier in at Forest.

Looks like Claude Puel is getting the Southampton job.

Hope he doesn't get too board....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back