• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Live Match Discussion Thread: 2019/2020

Man Utd were shite from 55 minutes onwards Sevilla pretty much controlled the ball and took their chance. Man Utd back four tonight was hopeless AWB & Lindelof for that second goal absolute Sunday league stuff.

Man Utd were shite from 55 minutes onwards Sevilla pretty much controlled the ball and took their chance. Man Utd back four tonight was hopeless AWB & Lindelof for that second goal absolute Sunday league stuff.
Awful. There's no way our back three concedes that goal.

Maguire: £80m
Lindelof: €35m
AWB: £45m

And the pundits have already started banging on about Man Utd needing to spend money.

United
3 semi finals and champions League football next year

Us one quarter final and no European football. Don't tell me they aren't still fucking jammy bastards.

Talksport spouting the Man Utd were robbed line at the moment. Also stating how bright the future is for them. I’m telling you now with OGS in charge they’re not getting near Man City or Liverpool.

They’ve done alright this season, better than I expected. But beyond that first eleven there’s not a huge deal of quality I’d say. They need another attacker but if they spend all summer chasing Sancho whilst ignoring other obvious areas for improvement could hurt them

Coming 3rd isn’t going to be good enough, they’ve been outplayed in 2 semi finals and outwitted tonight. Absolute minimum is to push Liverpool and City but that’s not happening with OGS in charge.

Only winning the league is good enough for a club like Manchester United, but (weirdly) they have taken a step forward this year. Defence is largely pretty good (£125m on defenders will do that) and their front 5 when it clicks is pretty good. They will have to get a better manager in the long run but I think he’s set some decent foundations, which is far more than I ever thought he might achieve

I think the back four is nowhere near good enough for a title challenge, AWB & Lindelof especially. Personally I’d make a change now

AWB is excellent, looks a bit knackered at the moment but he’s unbelievable 1v1 and he is a better passer than going forwards. Crossing isn’t amazing but has improved.

They definitely need a centre back to go next to Maguire. Agree on lindelof, not a fan.

They are a way off challenging regardless, top two are just too good

Lindelof is dreadful for this level, there's just nothing he excels at. Could be beaten at any aspect of defending at any time.

Agree with Youngie, tho, they're not far off being a good side, and I can even see them pushing City next season (who're lacking defensively both in talent and tactics), but nobody is close to Liverpool at the moment, IMO.

Didn't watch the game as I wanted both to lose, so I can't comment on his performance last night, but AWB has really impressed me this season as he's added an attacking dimension to his game which he didn't have previously.

Now they aren't getting Sancho I expect the media campaign to get them Jimenez will increase.

Back