• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

Could be an important half by Rahm. Fabulous match.

Fitzpatrick missing far too many putts today. Had a chance to clinch the cup... bottled it.

Rory with 4 points from his 5 matches (should have been 4.5 really) to underline why he shouldn't play the whole weekend :D

Only Homa got more than 2 for the US.

😗 which idiot said that?

He was fabulous and justified his selection in each session.

😗 which idiot said that?

He was fabulous and justified his selection in each session.
There was a suggestion after day one that everyone who played twice on Friday should have had one of the Saturday sessions off to keep them fresh for Sunday given the lead. It wasn't an anti Rory point as such or not that I heard anyway

Just watching Rory McIlroy currently pissing the Wells Fargo Classic yet when the big Majors come round he’s usually nowhere to be seen.
Makes me wonder whether he’s a bit of a ‘flat track bully’.

I wouldn't agree with that characterisation, but it would be fair to say that he always seems to have a duff round in every major. You also need to remember that LIV golfers don't play in PGA events so no, Rahm, Koepka, DeChambeau etc

I wouldn't agree with that characterisation, but it would be fair to say that he always seems to have a duff round in every major. You also need to remember that LIV golfers don't play in PGA events so no, Rahm, Koepka, DeChambeau etc
Ha, I ain’t that knowledgeable.

Just watching Rory McIlroy currently pissing the Wells Fargo Classic yet when the big Majors come round he’s usually nowhere to be seen.
He may not have won a major in 10 years but he's had 20 top 10 finishes in that time. I'd say that's pretty damn good. Best not to talk about his 25 PGA tour win's either.

That's the thing, timing of when he won his majors is used against him. If he had won them all after he had turned 30 (say like Harrington with his 3) would be considered great golfer, fact he won his 4 so young, perception is that he has underachiever , even though he is 21st in the all time list & after Faldo & Seve most successful European in the last 100 years.

What was montgomerie then with five successive European order of merit titles and not even a single major?

Rory is a masters of a grand slam. That would put him in a club with Nicklaus Woods Player and Palmer (i think there may be one more).

Hardly screams flat track bully does it?

Don't worry about it Trev, I knew what you meant.

I think some courses are just set up to suit certain golfers better than others. Quail Hollow is a course just set up perfectly for him.

The PGA next week is at Valhalla which is where Rory won his last major. It's a big hitters course which is McIlroy's game.

He's in good form so might be worth a couple of quid as an ew bet.

Back