• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Fantastic!!!!

Sounds like McL and Lando have done RB for pace as well as strategy.

Was that a likely one-off or genuine hope the races can be a proper contest from here?
The pace was good but early doors he was behind Perez but just couldn't get close enough to get ahead.
The strategy to keep him out longer, where he nailed some fast laps was a great call followed by benefitting from the safety car to get a free pit stop.
From that point on though he went head to head with Max...1 scare at the first corner after the restart but from there he just left Max behind.

The pace was good but early doors he was behind Perez but just couldn't get close enough to get ahead.
The strategy to keep him out longer, where he nailed some fast laps was a great call followed by benefitting from the safety car to get a free pit stop.
From that point on though he went head to head with Max...1 scare at the first corner after the restart but from there he just left Max behind.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Great to see Lando get his win but really please do to see McLaren become a force again. Feels like so long since they last were.

Great result. Lovely to see so many of the other drivers being so happy for him. Nice to hear the national anthem being played again.

Fantastic to see him finally get the win. Long overdue.

Great.
Because four races in USA are needed.
Because everybody is desperate to watch another street circuit.
Because ends of the calendar Chicago will be a freezer and middle of it a complete sweat box.

I am a huge fan of this move.

Definitely feels like F1 is doing everything it can to alienate the traditionalists like myself, increasingly struggling with a connection here.

I dunno, Silverstone tickets starting at £309 for basic trackside on race day too. Was in Stowe grandstand pre-Covid for about £140. Grandstands are all sold out now but resales available for about £550. Feels a bit like the football club you love moving away from you and fleecing you at every opportunity despite the cack on the pitch (track), but there’s a new breed falling over themselves to fill in the gaps.

Maybe F1 by its very nature can’t stand still but selling itself at the cost of tradition doesn’t feel 100% right to me. I’ll still go and there are always the bucket list tracks to tick off, but they do seem to be making it hard work.

Reactions: jlo
It’s very obvious that it’s been taken over by an American company. Everything is about getting into cities to get as many people paying as much money as possible and squeezing in as many races as possible.

Another step towards becoming a much more expensive version of forumla e

Interesting to see where this eventually ends up. Not been to Formula E and did look at tickets for 21st July but am away. Pretty sure the scalextric feel would be a big no-no as the sound is a huge part of what sets the emotion at F1, but if that’s the future we might have to get used to it.

It’s very obvious that it’s been taken over by an American company. Everything is about getting into cities to get as many people paying as much money as possible and squeezing in as many races as possible.

Yes, and I think the new circuits are designed to give another level of spectator experience, a sort of day-long social event offering more than just the race itself. That’s going to be pretty important if they want people paying top dollar to watch cars whooshing past fully electric.

Interesting to see where this eventually ends up. Not been to Formula E and did look at tickets for 21st July but am away. Pretty sure the scalextric feel would be a big no-no as the sound is a huge part of what sets the emotion at F1, but if that’s the future we might have to get used to it.

From what I’ve seen I think the tracks are too narrow and it makes overtaking tough so there’s a bit of a touring car argy bargy going on. The sound is weird for sure but I reckon they’d still look quite impressive up close if you were there.

Back