• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Pretty sure the guys who do it properly use chemicals and better equipment than a home jet wash, but with driveway cleaning there’s always a strong possibility you’d just get a chancer doing a bodge job for cash.

I’d take a look at a sight such as MyBuilder.com, you’ll be able to read reviews and that site seems to separate the wheat from the chaff. I’ve used it in the past for bathroom tiling and stuff like that and it’s worked out fairly well.

Trust A Trader is similar one I think. No harm in taking a look.

Got to be middle bottom with that leather belt, probably worth adding the hat from bottom right.
Was toying with that, you don't think the hats too much, wouldn't want to look an idiot, I do sincerely respect your opinion

I'm seriously considering a career change as I'm getting really jaded with what I do but I've no idea what to look at going forward.

How does one even start on a career change process? I guess the first thing is finding something you want to do!

I'm seriously considering a career change as I'm getting really jaded with what I do but I've no idea what to look at going forward.

How does one even start on a career change process? I guess the first thing is finding something you want to do!
Any hobbies you partake in that you enjoy that could be turned into a new career?

What do you do now, what do you fancy doing? Just so we have a clue on direction.
If you want free days out, free food go coach driving.
If you want to be abused daily by the public, go bus driving.

I've got a fairly senior job in IT but want to do something different. It would be a pretty significant pay cut to start again in a different field but I think I need to.

I'm analytical, pragmatic and a problem solver who enjoys intellectual challenges. I'm interested in nature and was thinking about trying to get into some kind of green tech / sustainability role.

I think I technically work in Green Tech, I definitely do a lot of hiring. I think you’ll need to look at a salary reduction but not that excessive.

Do you have experience in project management or implementation?

I've got a fairly senior job in IT but want to do something different. It would be a pretty significant pay cut to start again in a different field but I think I need to.

I'm analytical, pragmatic and a problem solver who enjoys intellectual challenges. I'm interested in nature and was thinking about trying to get into some kind of green tech / sustainability role.
Engineering perhaps?
Environmental engineer...?

How long do tyres last? Had 2 fitted to the front of my car 11 months ago.
I do approx 3500 miles per year.
They're virtually unworn, but both sides of the tyres are splitting. Definitely need replacing.
The splits are right towards the edge, so the tracking is all ok.
Have I just got unlucky? Seems odd they're both going.

Sounds like you've been very unlucky. Though it might be wroth having your tracking checked regardless. They shouldn't be coming apart that quickly.

Back