• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stats and Analysis Thread

I think that may be the most useless stat I've seen this season.

And in a sea of isolated competition to win that is some going.

Don't read the told you so comments below the post then.
They're like some weird religious cult.

I wouldn't be surprised if they chant 'the stats must be right' every hour on the hour.

Yeah, not good at all.

The thing that is allowing me to be hopeful is that when O’Neil finally figured it out (we were awful until December pretty much) and we started to perform better - all the front three got injured.
I don't know, I've looked back through the verdicts for some of our wins during the good spell and it was a lot of "well we had to grind that one out".

I've soured pretty hard tbh.

I don't know, I've looked back through the verdicts for some of our wins during the good spell and it was a lot of "well we had to grind that one out".

Largely yes - but we’ve clearly over performed anyway. In quite a similar way to under Bruno, just with a worse squad this time.

There were some good performances against Chelsea, Brentford, Everton and Spurs late December and January. Looking at it the run is shorter than I remember it as.

This will also be his first pre-season with a team. Big opportunity for him. So if the same issues are still there come the start of the season, we’ll know it really is him and not just circumstance. He’s earned himself the opportunity but the good will won’t last for too long if we carry the form into next season.

Largely yes - but we’ve clearly over performed anyway. In quite a similar way to under Bruno, just with a worse squad this time.

There were some good performances against Chelsea, Brentford, Everton and Spurs late December and January. Looking at it the run is shorter than I remember it as.

This will also be his first pre-season with a team. Big opportunity for him. So if the same issues are still there come the start of the season, we’ll know it really is him and not just circumstance. He’s earned himself the opportunity but the good will won’t last for too long if we carry the form into next season.
I don't even think we were good at home to Chelsea! Should have been 4-0 down at HT, they made some ludicrous choices in front of goal.

He gets way more goodwill than Lage because he isn't a fucking cunt.

Everton (A)
Man City (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Tottenham (H)
Burnley (H)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)
Everton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Tottenham (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Fulham (H)
Luton (H)

They're all our wins. We played well against City, Spurs x 2, Brentford, Everton at home and Chelsea away. And the second half vs Bournemouth and Fulham.

Burnley, Sheff Utd and Luton got beaten because they were just out of their depth, we didn't do much.

It's thinnish gruel if you dig into it, but wins are wins I guess.

I'm feeling that too Al. Could be that I've been a bit unwell for a couple of weeks now and it's getting me down. December was pretty grim until the Chelsea turnaround, so the good times were Christmas Eve until it went off a cliff mid-March. A few low moments within that too.

I like Gaz.

1) Not Lage, the absolutely monumental cunt
2) Some superb moments across the campaign
3) Loads of mitigation for the bookended bad bits of the season
4) Generally speaks well
5) Tries to play on the front foot
6) Clearly gives a shit and has a connection with the club/fans

But it would be silly to ignore the red lights that are blinking.

He was Bournemouth's off-cuts we thrust into the role first game week. I'm not really sure what people realistically expected but usually people are way more optimistic than my expectations.

He exceeded mine after his appointment, so I'm not going to be further down on him because of a second half of a season that's not solely on him.

Even how we do next season, he's not the biggest factor on how that'll go, that's on Shi and Hobbs first.

Back