• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs (H) 4/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tredman

Missing ) If found please return
Reaction score
Onwards and upwards

Sa
Semedo - Collins - Dawson - RAN
Lamina
Neves - Nunes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto​

Raul for Cunha if he's not fit

Don't think Neto will be fit to start. Not sure what to do with the wide positions. Nunes is wasted out there, and Adama and Podence are a waste of a shirt currently

Half fit Neto is the best option i'd say.

Our first game for a while so hoping we get some positive play at least.

...............................Sa
Semedo....Dawson....Kilman......RAN
........Lemina........Neves......Nunes
...... Sarabia.......Cunha(Raul).....Podence.

Really don't want to start Podence but the only real alternative is Traore. Neto on for Podence second half.

I do like that you're persisting with dropping Kilman, it's not going to happen. It's like me with James Vince 😅
There was a moment last night where Dawson flung himself across to block a shot (from the left). Max just dangled his leg out...

I hate him, you hate him, most people hate him but Podence looks more likely to score a goal than any other player we have. In a team that doesn't score many I don't think we can afford to not start him. It's not like whoever plays instead is a goal threat .

Given Lop is playing Nunes out of position rather than him it would seem the most important guy hates him too.

I'm with TT on Podence, pretty much has to start, he seems to have an aversion to coming off the bench, hopefully Neto is ready if we need to drag him off.

There was a moment last night where Dawson flung himself across to block a shot (from the left). Max just dangled his leg out...
But Kilman did make a goal-saving tackle when it bounced in front of Salah at 0-0 too? I thought he was fine.

I'd go with the Christmas tree:

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Neves Lemina Nunes
Sarabia Neto
Cunha​

I will be at the Molineux again, 4 years almost to the day after the last time I was there. Can barely believe it's been 4 years. So looking forward to it.

As for the game, I'd start Podence over Traore, with Neto warming to jump around the 60/65 minute mark. Hoping for a nicer result. Three points would be massive and shrug off a bit of pressure again.

I will be at the Molineux again, 4 years almost to the day after the last time I was there. Can barely believe it's been 4 years. So looking forward to it.

As for the game, I'd start Podence over Traore, with Neto warming to jump around the 60/65 minute mark. Hoping for a nicer result. Three points would be massive and shrug off a bit of pressure again.
And maybe a bit of sun, hail, snow, high winds, rain, then more sun?

And maybe a bit of sun, hail, snow, high winds, rain, then more sun?
That was in 2018! Against Burton Albion. What a crazy day hah. The last time I was there was against Cardiff. Great game, 2-0 to us.

Can't say I'm looking forward to that crazy weather, no.

--------------------Sa--------------------

Semedo-------Dawson-----Kilman---Ait-Nouri

----------Gomes---Lemina---Neves-----------

--------------Sarabia-----Podence--------------

---------------------Raul-----------------------

Play Cunha where Podence is if he's fit.

No chance Neto is going to be able to start so I'm not even entertaining that idea.

Had enough of Nunes for now, offering nothing wherever we play him.

2022/23: L 0-1 (A)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), W 2-0 (A), D 2-2 (H, LC, lost on pens)
2020/21: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2018/19: L 2-3 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2011/12: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: D 3-3 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2009/10: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2003/4: L 0-2 (H), L 2-5 (A)
1995/6: D 1-1 (A, FAC), L 0-2 (H, FAC)

No chance Neto is going to be able to start so I'm not even entertaining that idea.

Nunes would probably do better if he was in his natural position though. But then we would need Neto to be back I think

It's getting a bit "Paul Scholes with England" with him, we haven't been parking him on the left wing for months on end. He's played there a little bit.

He's also played in CM plenty under Lopetegui and flattered to deceive for the most part.

Agreed on Nunes, he has been moved around a bit but some of the basics arent there. His passing is rubbish, even the short distance ones at times.

I hate him, you hate him, most people hate him but Podence looks more likely to score a goal than any other player we have. In a team that doesn't score many I don't think we can afford to not start him. It's not like whoever plays instead is a goal threat .
Saying he looks more likely to score isn't saying a lot. His record is pretty much 1 goal every 5 games. Given that in the other 4 he might as well be playing for the opposition because he's so shit, I'd rather not ever, ever, ever again play him based on the 20% chance he 'might' get a goal.

I’ve just received an email asking if I want to be a South Bank flag wanker, sorry waver on Saturday.

Last edited:

I quite like the look of this, I keep forgetting about Gomes, which is mad considering the hype.
Raul with Cunha is the way forward I think, at least for the rest of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back