• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation Thread 2023/24

If a week ago you'd offered me Dyche, Hodgson, O'Neil or Edwards, O Neil would have been 4th on that list
I think I'd have Dyche last, the football is genuinely appalling and you know what you're condemning yourself to. Plus I don't want to resign myself to having to listen to him twat on about referees all the time and bawl away on the touchline like a shit 90s ice hockey coach.

Relegation odds getting longer after the Manchester United match. Looks like the hivemind have us pegged for mid table

Screenshot_20230814-221900~2.png

Yeah, I am more hopefully but Utd were pretty abject and had some new parts there. Can we do that against teams that are more gelled or less willing to try and be on the front foot possession wise.

Regardless of who we play we need to score.

Randomly tagging folks to have a go at them is not on.

Yeah, I am more hopefully but Utd were pretty abject and had some new parts there. Can we do that against teams that are more gelled or less willing to try and be on the front foot possession wise.

Regardless of who we play we need to score.

Brighton will be a bigger and more telling test, for sure.

Utterly bonkers to be doing a victory lap after 1 game
Think it's more shock in the performance than anything else.
We had talked ourselves into expecting to see a L2 outfit turn up at OT and be the embarrassment of the PL.
Instead we looked good.
End result is shit and we only have ourselves to blame but after what has been a horrible summer we did see some shoots of promise.

Obviously it can all come crashing down at the weekend and beyond that but don't kick folk for trying to grab a positive out of tonight.

Think it's more shock in the performance than anything else.
We had talked ourselves into expecting to see a L2 outfit turn up at OT and be the embarrassment of the PL.
Instead we looked good.
End result is shit and we only have ourselves to blame but after what has been a horrible summer we did see some shoots of promise.

Obviously it can all come crashing down at the weekend and beyond that but don't kick folk for trying to grab a positive out of tonight.
I haven't kicked anybody, in fact you and @Wolvensam did.

Not sure I said we’re going to storm to Europa either - just willing to give GON a bit of credit.

I'm just trying to rip your limbs off or something.

I'm certainly not doing a lap of honour or claiming tonight is the greatest thing ever to happen at Wolves. Its a defeat but one where I can at least see a positive.
I could see the positives, but I agree with the Dude in that this is Lop's team and shape right now, even though Lop didn't do this away from home.

If GoN does continue to play like that then it can only be a good thing, but he has to win games.

Even in my blind optimism I didn’t think we’d put 7 on target and take nearly 20 shots overall.

It’s a very long season and it will be interesting to see what happens when O’Neil has more than a couple of days to prepare for a match, and whether what we saw today was a new dawn or just the dusk of what Lopetegui had done.

Like O'Neil will look at that and go "yeah we were really good but I think as we lost 1-0 we should play like Bobby Gould's Wimbledon going forward".

I don't know how the thought process works sometimes.

Like O'Neil will look at that and go "yeah we were really good but I think as we lost 1-0 we should play like Bobby Gould's Wimbledon going forward".

I don't know how the thought process works sometimes.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?

Back